“Not very atuthentic”
Review of D & J Taco Shop

D & J Taco Shop
Ranked #1 of 3 Quick Bites in Baker City
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Description: Fresh, Fast and Friendly Mexican food.
Description: Fresh, Fast and Friendly Mexican food.
Reviewed 1 September 2018

The tacos are made with flour tortillas and have canned olives on top. That should tell you everything. That said, the folks working there are very nice and I liked their mango salsa.

Date of visit: August 2018
David K, Owner at D & J Taco Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you for your review. We have never claimed to be authentic. Just fast, fresh and friendly. Our food is homemade fresh every day.
May I ask were you can get olives from other than a can or jar? I'm sorry we were not up to your standards.
Again thanks for your review.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

While driving through Oregon on I-84, we decided to skip the chain restaurants and give a local spot a try. We made a good choice with D&J's. Both the chicken and pork were very good and the staff were very friendly. This is just off the interstate in an office building. Worth a visit if passing through or staying nearby.

Date of visit: August 2018

Thank you so much for your review. It's very much appreciated.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

The hard tacos that are fried are delish!! The pork with salsa verde was SO good. The anchorwrap is awesome too! Perfect stop for lunch when traveling through Oregon!!

Date of visit: July 2018

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate it very much.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We had read good reviews, so decided to walk to the restaurant for dinner from our motel. We were greeted by a very friendly staff member, who quickly and efficiently explained how to order and what a few items were, that we weren't sure of. We had a wonderful time talking to her, while she made up our dinner to go. She even had cupcakes for our dessert that she had made. A perfect dinner!

Date of visit: June 2018

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed out food and service.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

I would like to tell you I agree with the mostly glowing reviews this place gets. But, I can't. I never tasted the food. I couldn't get waited on. Went in on Saturday at noon. I followed the only other customer into the place. She ordered three of their special whatevers and I waited and watched for at least fifteen minutes while the only person working there who could assemble their food, laboriously worked on this one order. She seemed incapable of doing more than one step at a time. At one point i asked the other person working if he could make a burrito for me. He informed me he was busy making salsa. Apparently that took precedence over serving customers and making a sale. Finally, I just walked out. Had someone simply acknowledged my presence and politely asked if I could wait, I would have and this review might be very different. But, seems no one cared that we stopped in. So, we went across the street and had a nice bagel sandwich for lunch from people who seemed happy for the business .

Date of visit: May 2018

I am so sorry for your bad visit. We have corrected the situation and no one will have that experience again. The guy that was working in the back is deaf. So he didn't pay attention to who was in the store. I am very sorry for your experience. We dropped the ball on this one.
If you can, try and give us a second chance we are better that this.

Thank you again for your review. I would not know this if it wasn't for your review.