“OUTSTANDING !!!!!”

Applegate BBQ & Smokehouse
Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Canyonville
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I had the 3 meat combo our first time - it was so good we went back the next day and had the BBQ Pork Taco. My three meat was pulled pork, ribs and polish sausage. My wife had the rack of ribs. ALL were delicious. We had the Mac n cheese side, which is addictive and to die for!

We tried the bbq pulled pork taco (out of curiosity) on our second trip - it was unique and Delicious, you have to try it to believe it. We will definitely go here again. Definitely try this place, you will like it!

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Canyonville on our way to Eugene and decided to try Applewood for dinner. It was great! I had the smoked chicken, my husband had the ribs and chicken and our daughter had the tri tip sandwich. We all enjoyed our meals. I had beans as my side, they were perfect Flavorful and not overly sweet. My husband and daughter had the chili and said it was great. We had some beer that was a little sweet and complimented the meat well.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This is a small mom & pop restaurant. All of their meats are smoked and the place smells phenomenal. We had pulled pork that was moist and tender. Being from Tennessee, I was raised on a sweet sauce but their version had a little more vinegar that paired perfectly with their homemade slaw

Don't miss this place.

Next time I'm having beef brisket

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I'm living in Portland, originally, from Texas, and this place serves up about the best BBQ I've had outside Texas or other points South. Portland has a couple of decent joints, but this is better, I think. Perfect location for lunch when we're road-tripping it south to California.

Proprietors are originally from San Antonio, and while that's never a guaranty, they know what they're doing.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I am not sure how anyone thought their ribs were dry, but they are fantastic! Really huge ribs (not like the dinky 3" or 4" kind some places serve) that are meaty, juicy and they have extra sauces you may add. Their macaroni and cheese is absolutely the best I have ever eaten. If you go when they have beef brisket by all means buy that - incredible is the only word. Their portions are generous; the people who own/run it are very nice as in will help you carry out your take out order to your car. I have found it as a great place to both eat in and take out. Our whole family loves it!