“Average mexican-american restuarant”

EL Paraiso Mexican
Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Canyonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Stopped in for a casual meal after a long day of work. The restaurant was not very full on a Tuesday night. Menu offers the typical combo type meals and a few special plates. I had a Chicken enchilada and a beef taco which were both unremarkable, The taco was order as a ground beef and came out as shred beef. While there was nothing wrong with the taste it was a bit messy to eat the shredded beef in a hard taco shell. The best flavored dish I had was actually the refried beans.

Service was not the greatest. No real welcome other than "how many". It took some effort to get a refill and we never saw the server from the time they brought our food until they picked up the empty plates.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Tried this place twice and had no luck either time.
Ordered a simple burrito and a chicken chimichanga. Both horrible!
Burrito was tasteless and soggy. Chimichanga had a little chicken and cheese
And was also tasteless BIG dissapointment.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We've tried this place three times in the hopes that it would change, and we wouldn't have to travel 45 miles for Mexican cuisine. It didn't. We are willing to take the 90 mile round trip.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

This place has the worst Mexican food I have ever had. Straight out over a can. Not even the chips are any good. Salsa tastes like Ketchap. Don't eat here. Anyplace else but Oregon and these people wouldn't be around. Terrible, Terrible food.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

With another couple in tow we got to El Paraiso at 6 PM, Probably the peak dinner hour here. Even so, we did get seated right away - the staff were very attentive. Our friends ordered two huge, really huge margaritas (12 oz ?) and I ordered a house Cabernet. Mine was also huge - probably 8 oz. - sipped it and thought, this is Merlot, but I like a good Merlot too but this one probably came in a liter box. The meals arrived and frankly my Flauta was a disappointment - plain and uninteresting with just a dollop of avocado and sour cream. My friends Carne Asada and Strawberry margarita seemed acceptable but he never complains! The food was just average but if you like to see a lot of alcohol for the money (the Merlot was $3.50) this is the place and indeed most everyone was taking advantage of that fact and the atmosphere was very boisterous. It was hard to talk across the table and be heard! Yeah, maybe I'm being cranky but we will seek a bit more quiet at our next get together and be sure to upscale the wine order.