“American style cafe”
Review of Papa Morgan's

Papa Morgan's
Ranked #8 of 17 Restaurants in Canyonville
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

I had the chicken fried steak based on reviews. The flavor was really good, but could have used a little more gravy. Potatoes are shaved and fried, crispy on the bottom. Eggs were over easy and cooked just right. Biscuit was dense, but good. My husband had the Reuben and was disappointed. Very little meat and sauerkraut. He wouldn't order it again. Salad was ok and had a decent blue cheese dressing. Waitress was very friendly, service was good and food came out fast.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

This is a great place to stop if you are traveling like we were and they had standard American diner food on the menu. Breakfast was available all day. I had a bbq bacon cheeseburger with French fries which was a good choice. The fries were crisp and freshly cooked. The burger arrived hot and also freshly cooked with crisp bacon as I requested. The service was good and this seemed to be a great local hangout and meeting place for the locals with hearty meals. There was a variety of options to choose from and not just burgers and fries or breakfast items. They even had an open faced turkey sandwich, salads, and I think I recall seeing chicken fried steak on the menu too. I didn't think of this as traditional northwest Oregon food, but I am a southerner so I couldn't really say what Oregon is known for except for salmon, Tillamook cheese, or berries. If I didn't know better this could have easily been in the Midwest or southern USA. We enjoyed our meals although this isn't anything fancy, it was good, hot, and fresh. The tables stayed full throughout our visit. It is a well loved place, you can tell by the number of locals that were congregating there. We were just lucky to have found it in our search for mom and pop diners and non chain restaurant fare. I'd dine here again. The little town was quaint and very vintage. I almost felt like I had stepped back in time. We did walk around after and browsed several antique shops and an amazing bead store. I don't have anything else to compare it to as far as Canyonville's other dining choices, but we liked it and we would return should we find ourselves in the area ever again. It was easy to get to and on and off the highway without any hassle. There was no traffic in this sleepy little town making navigation and finding this so simple. Manage your expectations and realize this isn't big city dining, but instead this is homey and comfortable.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We've never been disappointed with the food we order. The portions are good sized, and the prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We stopped in for lunch at Papa Morgan's and were pleased to see that the breakfast menu is available all day. I had eggs and pancakes and my wife had a breakfast burrito. Everything was fine. Just order one pancake unless you are a big eater, the two I received were almost bigger than the plate.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Fantastic food, fantastic service. Friendly people run this place. The quailty of food is top notched.Breakfast ,lunch or dinner