“Tasty and savory”
Review of Republic of Jam

Republic of Jam
Ranked #1 of 4 Shopping in Carlton
Reviewed 16 December 2015

Really interesting jams like Marionberry Espresso. Awesome Cranberry Mostarda in the fall and Cherry Mostarda in the summer. Try their 3 Bloody Mary starters- just add Vodka. Don't miss if you are in Carlton!

1  Thank fashiondoctor
in 5 reviews
"wine"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 19 September 2015

I wouldn't have gone in as we don't use that much jam BUT glad we did. Walked out with some wonderful smoked cherries for cocktails as well as some pinot cherry syrup that will up our cocktail game as well. Many many flavors and you can tasks almost everything

1  Thank lpsh
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

Normally I would say I love this place, but not this trip. Shelves and options weren't stocked - didn't have what I wanted. Person said she was filling in and didn't know much and didn't offer the usual tastings they have on weekends. Was a wasted trip... Disappointed!

Republic_of_Jam, Owner at Republic of Jam, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2015

Hello there - I'm so sorry we didn't have the syrup you were looking for in stock, and am hoping you'll understand how we cook and stock our shelves. We make about 450 flavors throughout the year, and some are very seasonal - including the one you were looking for; cranberry orange. We could never keep all flavors on the shelves at all times, and that flavor is one that we cook in fall/winter. When staff asked for your contact information and offered to get in touch when we do make this again - you refused, so I'm surprised at the single star review.

For future reference - we always encourage customers to take a look at our website to see what we have in stock before coming out to the store, especially if they are making a special trip for a particular flavor. I'm really sorry if you went out of your way, and I do encourage you to come back when we start making this flavor for the season. We will even hold some for you if you'll let us know you're coming.

We really do appreciate your business and are saddened and disappointed by the single star review. Many people get angry at small business for doing or not doing something the way that they want - without realizing that it is often very difficult (impossible, really) to meet every person's expectations without jeopardizing the business model or well-being of the company. These sorts of reviews really do harm small businesses - and we truly wish disappointments could be resolved without public spectacle or shaming. We know you were not happy that the flavor is seasonal, and we tried to help by offering to contact you when it is back in season - we proudly consider that to be responsive customer service, and would treat all of our customers with the same care. So sorry that you felt this review was necessary, but we would still love your business. Best to you, Lynnette

Reviewed 5 August 2015

wow, glad we popped on by after Ken Wright tasting. We're not big on sweet stuff but this place has such a wide variety (no joke), something for everyone (honestly you're bound to find something). This place let's you taste wine jams from sweet to savory. We couldn't resist and ended up buy 3 small jars (blueberry lavender - my favorite, strawberry basil, and mango basil viognier). We'll definitely stop by again when we're visiting the wine country again.

1  Thank Ready2Travl2