“Jamtastic”
Review of Republic of Jam

Republic of Jam
Ranked #1 of 4 Shopping in Carlton
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Wife and I went in and sampled DOZENS of jams, and were pleased with every one (okay, a few duds, but largely great!). We walked out with a few jars of our favorites, but the whole experience was a blast!

All reviews
"homemade"
"wine"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

A lovely selection of unusual jam combinations to sample here; my favorite was the rhubarb rosemary. The jams are all very good and avoid the overly sweet ones made elsewhere.

1  Thank FritzGoat
Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

I received one of their jams as a gift and loved it, even my husband who doesn't like jam enjoyed it! My husband & I went this weekend to the cute little shop & had a great experience tasting and buying homemade jams. Highly recommend if you are visiting the Portland area.

1  Thank SarahDiamond2011
Reviewed 2 March 2016

When I parked the car to get coffee, I parked right next to this place and as soon as I read the sign I knew where we would go next. With coffee in hand we decided to taste some jam. Now we strictly use freezer jam at home so regular jam is good and tasting so many unique flavors is my favorite type of attraction. The clerk told us that the best flavor was Pacific Berry so we tried that and the decision was made and we bought two jars. The story behind the development of the Pacific Berry is wonderful and this is the only place you can get the jam as they buy the full crop every year. It was developed at a local university along with the Marion Berry, but the Pacific Berry was determined to be too fragile and it's development was abandoned. However the student kept all of the plants and continued to grow these vary delicious berries.

1  Thank rshay
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 February 2016

The creativity of this place never stops! There are jams with unique flavor combinations, relishes, cocktail syrups, mostardas, and even more. It's a great place to buy gifts to wow your foodie friends. You can sample anything before you buy, and the whole staff is enthusiastic and friendly. Be sure to get on their list for their special events. Their inventory will change seasonally, so it's never a dull moment there!

1  Thank Snopk