“Awkward ”
Review of Republic of Jam

Republic of Jam
Ranked #1 of 4 Shopping in Carlton
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Well I felt like we were interrupting the employee and we were the only two in the store. It started out with about 4-5 minutes of silence before being acknowledged. Then they continued to remained focused on their task. We sampled two jams and got enough of the silent treatment to know she had better things to do. Perhaps the place is better during a weekend. Our visit was on a Wednesday afternoon.
The two jams we tasted were really good, too bad the employee killed any sale.

Republic_of_Jam, Owner at Republic of Jam, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

I'm so sorry that this was your experience - it's not at all how I want the store to be represented. I'm certain that I'm more disappointed at this point than you are..... The employee working the day you came in has a lot of strengths, but customer service has not been among them. She's received additional training, but it might be more of an uphill battle than is possible for a small business to accommodate. I appreciate your honest feedback, since I'm not there every day - sometimes I have no other way of knowing how our customers are being treated. It hurts when the feedback comes in a public setting like this, but I guess the business is only as good as the employees, and everyone has to take what this employee deserves.

I really, really apologize, and hope that you'll give us another chance. We strive to give our customers a great experience, not just to sell things - we trust the sales will follow if we do our job correctly. Clearly, we missed the mark by a mile this time. This is not how we want our customers to feel when they take the time to visit us.

If you are local, or of you will be in the area on the 23rd - I would like to personally invite you to be my guest at a special event we are holding; a cat-video cocktail themed party with food and sample drinks. If you can't make it - please let me know when you are back in the area, and I will host you personally, and give you the experience that you deserved the first time.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"wine"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Stopped in here to get some homemade Oregon jam to take back home with me. I would've bought more but I didn't have room in my luggage. I ended up buying a couple of smaller jars and then I bought one of their cocktail infusion DIY kits to make homemade Pineapple vodka for my mom. I haven't prepared it yet, but I tried it in the store and it was very tasty. All of the jams I tried were really good although I stayed away from the spicier versions! The person who was manning the counter wasn't the normal person and was just helping out her friend and I thought she did a great job. Most of the people that I was there with bought multiple jars. It was a nice break from all the wine tastings.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Cute town. Easy stop between wineries. Balsamic Strawberry is amazing. Wasn't open when it was supposed to be but shortly after staff arrived.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

It sure didn't seem like it. The employee seemed so bored and uninterested that we were there. From the moment we walked in her back was to us and told us that there was nothing special in the shop.

Republic_of_Jam, Owner at Republic of Jam, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Hi Jill,
I'm so sorry that this was your experience, as you can see from our other reviews - it's not at all how we like to treat our customers. I'm certain that I'm more disappointed at this point than you are..... I wonder if you can help me figure this out so I can fix the problem - what day were you there?

I really, really apologize, and hope that you'll give us another chance. We strive to give our customers a great experience, not just to sell things - we trust the sales will follow if we do our job correctly. Clearly, we missed the mark by a mile this time, and I will fix it. This is not how we want our customers to feel when they take the time to visit us. If you are local, or of you will be in the area this weekend - I would like to personally invite you to be my guest at a special event we are holding; a tiki cocktail party with food, entertainment and sample tiki drinks. If you can't make it this Saturday - please let me know when you are back in the area, and I will host you personally, and give you the experience that you deserved the first time.

I do appreciate the feedback - it's rough to get a single star in our reviews (we work hard on these, because we really believe they matter) sometimes, but it's also how I know what we need to work on and either employees that need training. Thank you.