See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on a trip to Portland after getting into Portland late, having our reservation at a Motel 6 messed up, and having to drive back to Cascade Locks at 2am due to a complete lack of (reasonably priced) hotel rooms in Portland. The lady at the front counter is as VERY nice and luckily had one room left. She offered us late checkout without even having to ask for it. The room was very nice, they provided snacks and coffee, and the beds were comfy and clean. This hotel felt extremely safe and friendly and I didn't feel unsafe unloading my car at 2am. This is an airfoil little town as well. If I were returning to Portland, I would definitely stay here instead of in town. This place is lovely, the weekday rates compete with those of some name brand budget motels, and the staff are nice. Worth the extra few minutes driving to get into town. I highly recommend this place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here during the bridge of the gods run and they obviously jacked up the price for this weekend! We paid $172 for the night and it was a very mediocre room. Weird bathroom inside the shower, and sink outside. Our first floor big window was not even locked and it was difficult to close tight enough to lock it. The photos online must be doctored up - the rooms are not as nice as advertised. There was a shortage of towels, pillows and no Kleenex in the room. The coffee machine was great but finding a place to plug it in was a challenge. We will not stay here again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sue S
Reviewed 19 July 2017

This is a great hotel when you are staying somewhere that has loads of outdoor activities and adventures to keep you busy all day. It's got nice hot water and great beds to sleep on. Coffee maker in the room and a restaurant right across the parking for food or bar. The owner is super friendly and really made our stay very enjoyable!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2017

It was a God send they had a room available on a weekend last minute. Next time I will reserve here first. I'm compelled to write this because they should be higher on the rating list for this town. They are renovating. Great location. My room (22) had a beautiful view. I could see the mountains on the north side of the river and a little of the river. It's across the street from a Shell Station - not so pretty but easy to look past. The rooms are large and the furniture was huge and made of cedar I think. It smelled great. It was too close to the bed on the window side. Wouldn't want to try to get out of bed on that side. Room was very clean. Flat screen TV was large enough. It had a microwave and decent size fridge and a REAL coffee pot with a reusable filter. I had my own coffee so that was a great bonus. The room had some scars from age like a small gouge in the wall and the bathroom door handle was loose - not a big deal. The bathroom was unusual. It was basically a huge shower stall with a toilet and had a curtain between. Not a problem other than needing to dry the floor after a shower. The employees were very pleasant and efficient. Smokers on the walkway were difficult to get past. I wish they had a designated section somewhere else. There was an adjoining room and I could hear their hair dryer. It was quiet overnight though.

I had an ordeal with another place (Cascade Motel) where the windows wouldn't lock and the door wouldn't open so I had to find another place last minute. This place was so much better. It has a sturdy deadbolt and a nice large window that locked and was clean. I felt very secure. I really love this town. It's so peaceful and beautiful. If you want a newer room, pay 50-100% more for the Best Western and book several months in advance.

Room Tip: 2nd floor near office/lobby have mountain view and can see a little of the river
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank CindyD682
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

After a mess up at another motel the gentleman at the front desk gave us a great room for my birthday weekend. The room is clesn and has a great view. The outside needs a makeover but yhe roims are great and modern. This Inn saved the day for me.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple