See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 October 2016

We stopped here for one night in August on our way from Portland to Crater Lake. Got exactly what we expected. Room was affordable, located near a gas station and a good diner. Room was clean and had a cable. Wifi was so-so. Overall we were satisfied and had a solid night's sleep. It's not the Ritz, but if you're even thinking about this place, then you don't expect it to be.

Room tip: It's right by the highway, which has quite a lot of truck traffic, so you might try for a room that is closer to the woods.
Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank Niko K
Reviewed 1 October 2016

This is unacceptable. Budget is fine, poor maintenance is not. Thrift store bed linens, scary. Hair on the bathroom floor disgusting. Don't stay here. The $ art about it proximity to crater lake. Stay in LaPine, it is only 15 minutes farther north,
This was one of the worst places we have ever stayes

Room tip: Don't even coonsider
2  Thank Midge S
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Having stayed at Budget before, I called from the road to reserve a room. I said I would not be in until 10:30 pm. I left my name, confident my room would be there. When I arrived, the man had not reserved a room for me and claimed that someone else had "taken your room." Funny, no one else was likely to have an ID with my name on it. He simply didn't hold it for me and then acted like it was my fault. He did hold a room for someone who booked through "booking.com." Stayed at the Chemult Motel for less money and about the same quality--not great but adequate. And, much friendlier folks.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

A clean but very old fashioned motel. The decor belongs to another era as do many of the fixtures and fittings, but the beds were comfortable and everything, except the wifi, which was very hit and miss, worked. The owners are friendly and accommodating as well as being very hands on. When the Cable TV failed they were on hand to fix it (it turned out that when too much power was taken out of the grid by everyone using their microwaves at the same time, it went down!)

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2016

It is good value for quick visit to Crater Lake. Town is friendly and restaurants in town are good. The motel is old and set up is tight for two beds in the room. Staff friendly enough and room adequate for one night.