“Real Dinners other than Tacos and Burritos.”
Review of El Kiosco

El Kiosco
Ranked #290 of 657 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

First I must preface that I don’t consider Mexican one of the worlds great cuisines. It all tastes to me as reheated, shredded leftovers served on various flatbreads.

El Kiosco attempts to serve chicken, beef, pork and shrimp cooked in different manners, but in the end it’s still Mexican and thus quite limited in taste. But at least it’s real chunks of meat in a sauce and not just wraps.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Let me start by declaring that I'm not a fan of Mexican Cuisine - that I consider it nothing but reheated leftovers served in various wraps. At least this places serves dishes other than tacos, burritos et al. Real entrees baked on a dish like TV dinners - I only wish they prepared the individual items separately so each could be cooked according to its needs. At least the prices are reasonable.

The location is a bit out of the way as it's located in the Albertsons Mall north of the Beltline at the River Rd exit.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed the salsa & chips. We arrived for an early dinner, only a few tables in use. Pleasant atmosphere. Quiet enough that you can hold a conversation with your dining companions.

My husband had the Chili Colorado & said is was very good. I had the combo of enchilada & chili relleno. I think it was the BEST Chili Relleno that I have ever had!

Great Value!

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

The menu items where decently priced and the food was good
I had the Monterey combination Tamale, Enchilada and Taco
Will be back

Reviewed 13 December 2015

Great fast service, owner is nice, she makes awesome cocktails. The food is tasty and has good portions, well priced. They have some great daily specials, lunch and dinner combinations. It's a comfortable place, warm atmosphere and makes for a great go to place in my neighborhood.

Been to El Kiosco? Share your experiences!