See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Room was clean and in good repair. Check in was prompt, courteous, and easy. Couldn't get WIFI to work but may have been my laptop or just me not able to figure it out . Overall price in line with location and quality.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2018

I arrived and check in. 15 minutes later I was leaving due to bed bugs. And yes I was bitten, Had many itchy spots on my legs and arms. The Man at the Desk was busy Screaming at me telling me NO! REFUND! NO REFUND! And yes I showed up to do my job the next day. I also saw him ready the room for his next Bed Bug Victim.

Room tip: Please read the reviews. And pay attention to NO Refund Policy. That are not posted anywhere. Must ask that question directly.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2018

On a road trip to Medford, it was getting a little late, so we decided to find a place to bivouac for the night. Everywhere in Salem was sold out, so I decided to jump on Booking.Com to see what was available in Eugene, and found Value Inn was a good combination of high rating and reasonable rate. I booked online and made my way to the property.

It is not easy to find at all, well off the I-5, on the 105 Spur, in a less than great part of town next to a marijuana dispensary. The property is not much to look at--a couple single story buildings that look like a series of A-Frames connected to each other, with parallel parking available in front of your room. The office is really just a room with a desk, and at that hour the clerk speaks through the window to you outside.

The shock came when we entered the room. It is very spacious, clean, nice. Not a luxury room, for certain, but certainly favorable to most motels. Two beds with plenty of room between, coffee bar, large bathroom with full tub, TV with large assortment of channels. Clear signs that the place had been remodeled.

I work in a job that has me staying in motels and hotels very frequently. If you're looking for Marriott Residence Inn quality, you will not find it here. If you are looking for a free breakfast bar in the morning and 24-hour coffee service throughout the night, keep looking. If you want a room that is similar to what you might find at an Extended Stay America, only larger and cleaner and with a better TV channel selection, then Value Inn is a good choice.

Room tip: All rooms are ground floor and were easily accessible to us cane-walkers.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank eauhomme
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I didn't check reviews for this hotel and I should have. The reviews of"nice place to stay" and "great value" are completely false. First when I called to make my reservation they said I had to use a CC, no cash, that they don't do cash and that they were going to charge my card the day before I check in. What? Then it was the only place with good rates so I go ahead and do it cause I was going to be in Eugene for sure. I get to the hotel and they say they don't have a reservation for me. I give them my confirmation number, then they say "oh yeah, here you are." So they ask for my CC and I tell them, you already charged me. No we didn't the man at the front desk says. He then runs my card and says there is insufficient funds. The whole thing made me very uncomfortable. I said nevermind on staying and he offered me 52$ a night so I stayed. I had reserved a non-smoking room and he gave me a smoking room and said I have to leave a$250 deposit for a non-smoking room (?) So, once in my stinky smoking room, the fridge is in the bathroom, along with the microwave. The bed is made from springs only, the TV screen is cracked and the door only has the knob lock only. No security lock at all! It seems that they are con artists here. I will NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. I would leave now, if I hadn't spent my lodging money at this place. Very, very, very disappointing. I believe the good reviews listed here were written by the staffs friends and not by visitors at all. This place is absolutely atrocious!

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2016

My hubby and I stayed here 1 night just to have some alone time without kids or pets...we live locally...the room was very clean (even the headboard) I checked everything since I used to be a hotel housekeeper. The bed was firm but comfy...the fridge and microwave were super clean and worked well...there was even a couple of ice cube trays with ice all ready to go! The price was very reasonable and We will gladly stay there again if/when we want another night away from home!

Room tip: Rooms on the far end are very quiet
Date of stay: May 2016