“Nice place for small bites at an affordable price.”
Review of Sushi Island

Sushi Island
Ranked #251 of 682 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 27 August 2018

I generally do not do Island Type Sushi restaurants. As I want what I want, not what suites their bottom end.

With that said. This place is a good value with good food. I'd recommend going for happy hour, which I have missed twice. Dues to it ending at 4 pm.

My favorite is their Dancing Eel Roll with 3 small plates off the Belt.

The drawback is that in order to make the plates cheap. The amounts of fish are on the small side, but good.

Cheers.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

You pay by the color of the plate. The server did not offer to explain the process. And did not offer drink options but did bring water. The edamame was cold and not very tasty. Most of the items on the the track were various sushi rolls... It is called sushi Island, Most places also have lots of Nigri choices. . Saw only two types of Nigri, Salmon and Shrimp. The Salmon (Sake) was not very tasty. The Shrimp was a little over cooked (rubbery). Would have like to had a greater selection of Nigri. All of the items were prepared and placed on the track by three chefs. But frankly, the items did not taste fresh. Some of sushi rolls did have tuna, but seemed warm. I suspect that they were low on the other types of Nigri fish topping and chose to put them in the rolls. I could have gone next door to the Fred Meyer Grocery and purchased a similar selection that tasted very similar. I really wanted a "fresher" tasting product. I wanted to "woo" my friend. When at the correct place, Sushi and Nigri are fabulous. My friend was disappointed, Will have a hard time to get him to try it again..

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Whenever we are in Eugene we always stop in for a quick bite. Sushi is always good. If you don’t see something on the belt, just ask for it. Great quick, easy, cheap sushi and super easy to bring kids in.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Had as much sushi as we could hold, from the belt, during Happy Hour. $22 for 2 people, everything we tried was great. Unable to eat any more, came away stuffed and happy. Immediately seated, waitress came back to check on us a couple of times. We will be back to try the Bento Boxes (looked great) as well as Udon (I love noodles) and other stuff.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Almost gave this restaurant a 4 star rating, as the sushi is flavorful and the $1.50 a plate happy hour price is a total bargain. I can't claim to be a sushi expert, but I enjoyed my late lunch there, and have been back since. Three plates of sushi makes for a filling lunch or me, not to mention better tasting and more healthy than a fast food meal.