“The best beef Pho”
Review of Yi-Shen

Yi-Shen
Ranked #191 of 639 Restaurants in Eugene
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I have been here before, in December I stopped in to purchase some Christmas gifts from the grocery store in front, of course I ordered soup for my lunch. There are so many choices listed on the chalk board and written on the wall above the order counter, hard to make a decision. It' so fresh, I've had the shrimp rolls, a vegetarian curry with vegetables, really tasty, the meatball Pho. The owner is so friendly, and service is speedy.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Authentic Vietnamese food served by friendly people. The Pho has plenty of flavor, the Banh Mi has the right bread, but the star of the show is the roast pork. It is beautifully crispy on the outside with LOTS of flavor on the inside-we always order extra! The Shrimp Rolls are a must. Rolled well and packed with shrimp and sliver of pork with the right dipping sauce. The fact that this place is also a small grocery store specializing in Asian products is a bonus.

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

There are only a few options for Vietnamese food in Eugene, but this is one of the best! Not only is the food fantastic, but the owner is always so friendly!!

Reviewed 5 March 2016

Always liked this restaurant and find things I can't get at other grocery stores, like real fish sauce and green papaya! Now that I have spent a few weeks in Vietnam, I like this place even more. Very authentic. Style similar to Saigon, but Pho takes me back to early mornings in Hanoi.

Reviewed 6 January 2016

I love this little grocery store and restaurant combo. The menu is extensive, with posterboards and photos to help you choose. Every bite of food I have ever had here is first-rate. I absolutely must have the crispy roast pork belly every time. Beyond that, the Singapore noodles, bun bo hue, and spicy basil chow fun are unfailingly delicious. The owner is nice, the cooks are good, the ambience is casual and friendly. It is a favorite spot, one to which we return at least monthly. The roasted coconut drink is really nice, too.