See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

My sister booked a 2-bedroom and a 3-bedroom for our family for 3 nights through vrbo.com. The kitchen in the 3-bedroom was very well-equipped with pots and pans. The 2-bedroom had two very small sauce pans and a frying pan. One unit had a hairdryer, the other didn't (the property manager did get one for us.) Housekeepers seemed to have gone through the motions, but there was stickiness and crumbs. These are no longer run by Shilo Inns but still show the Shilo sloppiness throughout. Location is excellent to docks, restaurants, shops. Beautiful furnishings, kitchen, bathrooms andTVs. No closet for guests in the master bedroom. Owners should consider using the entry closet for their personal gear instead of the master bedroom. Towels were a problem. Mine were badly stained. The 3-bedroom condo only had 4 sets. If owners are relying on rental income, they may want to think a little bit more about their guests' comfort.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Interesting property. Mixed use between owner lived in condos and rental units. Certainly not a hotel suites location as the name would imply. We had a two-bedroom corner unit. The unit is fairly new and was clean. Full size washer and dryer were nice. Kitchen was well equipped. Flat screen TV's in living room and both bedrooms. Double sinks in both bathrooms. Web site descriptions would indicate water view. I would suggest you take this with a proverbial grain of salt. Can you see water? Yes. Is it a "water view" as in a full view of waterfront? No. But, with that said, the view was certainly acceptable. Would concur with a previous reviewer that suggested the metal rack with hangers in the Master Bedroom was definitely "chintzy". In looking around the area of Florence, I would certainly suggest that this is a very good option and good value for money. Also, close enough to walk to Old Town, which is a lovely small riverside area with shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Russell P
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I had made a reservation for myself and a couple of girlfriends here to crash after a bachelorette party. This bachelorette party did not consist of alcohol, since none of us are even 21 yet. Upon calling the hotel to inquire about something else, I was rudely interrupted, and verbally scolded for nearly 3 minutes, not even able to get a word in. The man who I spoke to had jumped to conclusions, and was very unprofessional and rude. I cancelled my reservation right away, and we will be staying at an accommodating hotel that will openly accept our business. Never have I been treated this way by a professional. I would never recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank H C
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Nice modern spacious condo, walk to restaurants and shops. Bring your own iron, and only 1 key in lockbox outside door. But good value, we will be back next year. Our friends master bedroom closet was locked, so all they had to hang there clothes on was a metal rack which was kinda chintzy , but they did have a big flat screen TV in the master.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Originally found this place through VRBO. I learned that it was a property of owner residences mixed with rentals (condo was built before real estate market crash so not all of the units sold...those that didn't are rented out, some of the owner residences are as well).

I found the property manager Sheheb to be friendly and helpful.

Upon check in, I was impressed with the property's cleaniness....the room was nice, newer, clean, and very roomy. Nice touches and appointments in the room. Full kitchen, separate bedroom, 1 1/2 baths. All of this was 5 stars.

A couple hiccups to mention, just in the name of thoroughness....(1) between 2 bedroom closets (a his and a hers), and hall closet, there were a total of 4 (yes, four) hangars....just kind of weird. (2) for a three night stay, one washcloth....Sheheb brought more up, but still kind of weird. And lastly, (3) the view....kind of "meh" at best.

Yes, there is indeed a river view in the distance, but on the side of the condo we were placed in, you had to look over the commercial buildings and not-so-pretty apartment unit playing loud music to see it. It wasn't an apartment complex really, but some sort of a rental unit, with music playing late and a bunch of dude's saying "hey ladies" to the young gals walking up. Kind of took the enjoyment away from sitting out on the condo's deck looking at the "water view". It also kind of made it difficult to keep the window's open for the fresh breeze when trying to go to bed.

So my review in a nutshell? Good value for price paid....just a little disappointed in the "waterfront view". Would return though if ever back in Florence.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west would have better views
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family