See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 October 2016

Six night stay to explore the Oregon coast and Florence; Hospitable host; very knowledgeable of the area and ready with suggestions at your request. We chose the smaller main floor room with private bath and small outdoor patio. Wish the weather had cooperated but the vista from the open door and deck was special. Host(s) put out a fresh breakfast each morning: fruit plate and varying breakfast entree with sweet bread, and/or toast. Lots of coffee or tea with juice and special needs were addressed. Downstairs was set up for guest space, with comfortable seating, another TV and eating areas with refrigerator and microwave access if we brought in other meals.

B&B is located across the road from a local boat launch easily viewed through the picture windows in the common area. Fun to watch the boaters and kayakers approach their day. We were a short drive to town and other coastal locations.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs are larger; decor is in keeping with the home style and room theme.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kande2016
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

The Blue Heron is located a short distance from The Casino
On the outskirts of Florence. From the porch, sitting room and dining area you will have a pleasant inlet water view
Of many local birds. There are multiple types of rooms quaintly decorated and the owner is willing to assist with luggage for the upstairs rooms. Breakfast is served at a designated hour and includes plated fresh fruits, pear tart ,
Pancakes. Diet restrictions can be accommodated. Colorful gardens and bird feeders surround the inn. The owners know the local dining scene and will make recommendations if requested.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

Our stay in the country room was perfect. Being first time visitors to this area Maurices knowledge of the area was invaluable. He provided specific information on the area beaches including those that required a fee and those that were free along with detailed directions. The room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was served at 9 and was delicious. We spent a lot of time in the living room and porch watching the humming birds, herons and ducks. Very nice and comfortable!! We really appreciated the attention that Stella and Maurice gave us and how welcoming they were to their home. We will be back!!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank STEPHEN M
Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

We were grateful to our hosts for such an abundance of information on the area and willingness to accommodate our needs. Breakfast was great and the rooms were clean.

The overall experience was a bit awkward. We walked into the house with the host watching Fox News playing in the living room, which made us feel like we were intruding into someone's home (I understand that that's what a B and B is, but it was just a bizarre feeling, especially considering that some guests may react strongly to clear political views on a vacation). The whole house feels like someone else's living space, not a space set up for a proper B and B. It would have been more helpful to us to have it described as more of a home stay than a bed and breakfast.

The way the house is decorated certainly lends to this feeling. It feels very much like staying at a friend's grandmother's house. Breakfast is served promptly at 9, and conversation between the hosts feels contrived and uncomfortable. The other couple staying at the same time we were were clearly uncomfortable as well, which just added to the overall feeling.

I wouldn't pay to stay here again, but do appreciate the care and time the hosts put into making the experience the best they know how. I'm sure it isn't easy to run a B and B.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Amanda R
BlueHeronInnFlorence, Owner at Blue Heron Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2015

This was a young couple that booked earlier in the day with little research, thinking it was more of a hotel I believe, and know little about Bed & Breakfast facilities. They were bicycling from Portland to California and upon checking in they moved from Grandma's room (Victorian Room) to the more modern fun room (Raspberry Cream Room) for the jetted tub, since she had hurt her ankle. We switched rooms for them and locked up their bikes safely in a shed. We provided our bandages for her to bind her ankle and my wife offered to drive her to the hospital to have it checked. Their gratitude shows in the review.
After 20+years in the business I find out I am "not set up as a proper B&B". What a shock! I will defer to the experts. We are licensed by the State of Oregon and Lane County, member of the 'Oregon Bed & Breakfast Guild', (who inspect us yearly), the Oregon Restaurant & Lodging Association, and the Florence Chamber of Commerce. They think I am a Bed & Breakfast!
Conversation between guests is beyond my control. I ask them to introduce themselves and the rest is up to them. I guess awkward conversation speaks for itself.
I hope that future stays at other facilities are more rewarding.

Reviewed 2 October 2015

Warm, friendly and (quite frankly) LIFE-SAVERS. When my reservation was cancelled at a local hotel, Maurice & Stella offered a room. First time at a B&B. Breakfast-AWESOME, rooms-AWESOME. I'll be back

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable, clean and spacious! Great place to stay. Make this place a priority rather than an option!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle G

Nicole B, Can't thank you enough for the glowing review! Hopefully we earned it! We love 'first timers' and hope all experiences are as good as yours. We look foreward to your return visit. We have more YUMM breakfasts for you to try! All the best Maurice & Stella