All reviews marv and laurie craftsman home b bs autumn room other guests great hosts oregon coast homemade cookies old town host hostess sand dunes location is ideal living room the river shops and restaurants sherry sears
Reviewed 18 August 2015

We slept in a second story bedroom with a jacuzzi. Fantastic room with a view of the bridge and dunes, but directly across is a former restaurant now closed. Not to worry. There are plenty of restaurants in Florence and our host was able to recommend a few. Our hosts were amazing people how made us feel at home the minute we met them on the porch. They were friendly and knowledgeable about the town and area. The next morning was a five course breakfast that would put any five star restaurant to shame. All of it made from scratch by our hosts. I've never had food that delicious anywhere before.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James C
Reviewed 18 August 2015

Warm and welcoming hosts. Easy walking distance to Old Florence where great restuarants are located. I am not a shopper, but would imagine there are some fun shops. Five minutes from the dunes and an exciting ride on the dunes thru Sandland Adventures. Yummy 5 course breakfast. Good base to see all the wonders the area has to offer.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank grannysgonetrekin
Reviewed 3 August 2015

I don't normally write reviews, but in this case I'll make an exception.... because this place is EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD! Very comfortable, quiet, beautifully done, and the breakfast was among the best I've ever had in my entire life! (seriously) The owners/hosts are warm, engaging, and extremely hospitable. Tucked away, across the street from the Siuslaw River and a couple of blocks from the main part of "Old Town", so no through traffic noise. A tranquil waterfall and garden in the back yard. I've stayed in B&Bs across the country, and I'd HIGHLY recommend the Edwin K.

Room Tip: rooms on back face the private garden and waterfall...very tranquil.
1  Thank 1951Steve
Reviewed 31 July 2015

We cannot say enough nice things about this B&B. We didn't have a reservation, but were welcomed in as if we were long lost family. The house is a picture perfect historical home, and Marv (the owner) is happy to tell you about it. The breakfast is spectacular and is well known around town. 5 courses that were all homemade. You can see how much pride and love go into this B&B. They are vey knowledgeable about the area, so if you have any questions, just ask. Marv and Laurie have a gem there, we would go back if ever in the area again and would highly recommend to friends, family and strangers.

Room Tip: the Garden room downstairs has a beautiful patio that looks out onto a lovely waterfall/pond. I
1  Thank snap_11
Reviewed 14 July 2015

Florence has lots to offer and we wish we had more time to explore. Marv and Laurie were superb hosts and shared lots of useful local knowledge. The home is great with nice amenities and a comfy sleep, and the location is perfect.

1  Thank Doug_and_Linda