“Friendly small town atmosphere”
Review of Port Hole Cafe

Port Hole Cafe
Ranked #7 of 33 Restaurants in Gold Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 December 2017

Simple menu and restaurant. Many locals come here and are known by their first name. Friendly atmosphere that seems to go beyond tourism, they treat you like the locals. Had salad and beer. Good portions but it is helpful to order the dressing on the side as they serve LOTS of it. Choice of microbrew is fair - about 12 choices. Better than chain restaurant - good to have the local foods and vibes.

1  Thank Mike5466

Reviewed 5 December 2017

We visited Gold Beach on December 1, 2017, and had dinner at the Port Hole Cafe, as we usually do. This time, we enjoyed oyster shooters and fried oysters, both very tasty. I had a dinner salad on the side which was okay, not as crisp or with salad veggies as I would have liked, but acceptable. I tried a red ale, at least I was told it was. It tasted more like a pilsner. I did not finish it. For dessert, we ordered the custard pie and the blueberry with a scoop of ice cream. It was good. The service was friendly and prompt. This cafe is casual and very family friendly. It's a good, reliable place to get a crab melt, burger or fried shrimp. There are few other seafood restaurants in Gold Beach that we will go to and this one is our default one. It's pleasantly located on the Rogue River.

1  Thank Linda C
Reviewed 14 November 2017

This is a place for burgers, fish and chips, clam chowder, and daily specials like meatloaf. Good, home-style cooking. The pies are outstanding. They always have many varieties, fruit, cream, and specialty. Have a light lunch, and pie!

1  Thank Anne_E309
Reviewed 1 November 2017

My wife and I recently spent 5 days in gold beach, and we dined at several places. We visited the port hole for lunch on a Friday afternoon. The place looked really nice but the servers were horrible!! The lady who I guess is supposed to greet us walked up kinda gave us this snotty up and down look and said " just two?" No hello, hi, nothing and then sat us at the worst possible table, and there were only 3 other people there. No view, and bad service, then this older short haired lady sat at the register the whole time watching us. Food was ok. I will visit gold beach again but I will never go back there again worst in town.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

We were recommended to come here by the staff at the Motel 6 down the street. We enjoyed our diner and the staff were very nice. We had the Donna's Special and the Shrimper; both were good. We felt the product/price value was good for today's standards. They also feature several local brews on tap. The building also houses a little fish market, a coffee shop and art lined hallways to explore. I was even blessed to see an American Bald Eagle flying around as we ate.

1  Thank dmerghart1