“Only oriental food in town”

Wong's Cafe Chinese Food
Ranked #25 of 33 Restaurants in Gold Beach
Reviewed 27 April 2017

Good food, good portions, and great lunch and dinner prices. Try the hundred blossom shrimp."QQ on the lunch menu if you like it spicy. Family owned and operated. Been eating there for 5 years, and never a complaint.

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

We were really impressed with the quality of ingredients that were prepared fresh. Everything tasted great. One of the best batters I've had, crunchy and light. Recommend the chicken lo mein, fried shrimp and home made sweet and sour sauce. Only complaint, I'm never a fan of cold sweet and sour pork. We will be back.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

The only chinese restaurant in this area. We were so hungry that we planned to stop here. There was hardly anyone in the restaurant. Looked like no one eat there. There was only 1 man there who was the chef and the server. Our food was very unflavored. He was kind though to customize our dishes but the food was without any gravy or flavor. We just goobled up everything because we were hungry. Not stopping there again. Stopping at Mc Donald or Taco bell would be a better option.

1  Thank palpande
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Not gourmet but it's very good and priced right. I had a shrimp and noodle dish. The sauce was very good. Lots of shrimp. My girlfriend had a vegetable dish with some bad fried rice. Stay away from that. Ask for plain white rice instead and flavor it yourself if you wish.
The dishes are cooked to order and will take some time. The place is pretty basic but pleasant. The menu selections are plentiful.
I'll probably eat there 2 or 3 times a month.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

My vegetarian wife has long been curious about Wong's. We finally tried it together this spring. We agreed the flavors on all the dishes were good. For comparison, we've both traveled to China multiple times and gotten out of the tourist bubble for eating while there.

I recommend any Tofu+____ dish.
While the restaurant may look empty don't take that as a sign of people not liking it - most of their business is take out.