“Rude and Unfriendly receptionist that probably hate their jobs; IT SHOWS!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Ronde
Spirit Mountain Casino Lodge
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Stayed here to experience the 100% Totality zone for the 2017 Eclipse.

All places were pretty much booked, and the husband randomly looked online, saw that there was an available room, but suggested I call to confirm. I called and a rude receptionist says everything is booked. I tell her that online booking says there is availability. She says, "Sorry we're fully booked." So not believing this rude receptionist, I go online to try and book for 8/21 and VOILA! BOOKED and PAID!! Confirmation# emailed to me. Everything Set. I even called to make sure the reservation was legit and it certainly was. SMH, that rude receptionist probably didn't even check!! HORRIBLE!

We get there, very early, so we linger around the casino, check-in is at 4pm(latest check-in time we've experienced). Get to the check-in area. First thing I noticed. NO eye contact/acknowledgement from ALL 3 receptionists! There was a man, possibly their Concierge? announcing which stations/front desk lady is available.

He tells me the lady in the far right, she interrupts with NO I'm changing stations, so he says oops....So I stand there waiting for the other two front desk ladies to finish. After they finish, no acknowledgement from them, no eye contact, no smiles, still NOTHING! Just plain rude, "I really hate my job" & "I wish I was somewhere else" expressions and attitude. WTF?? Where am I???

Finally the middle lady/station says "I can help you." Still no smiles, no small talk or chit chat. just straight up asked for my info. I joke with her about traffic and the eclipse, even ask about the area, a smirk, short answer, and back to checking us in...WOW..JUST WOW...NO customer service at all. If you hate your job, QUIT!! This "first" impression just put a damper on our stay. From there, I began looking for all the negative things, unfortunately....Some strangers' hair in the tub, only 2 bath towels to use, 1 face towel, a hole in the plastic covering of a disposable cup, small tv, no cushions on the single couch, everything...The highlight of the stay was the nice firm bed and pillows and thank goodness, the nice friendly receptionist when we checked out the next morning. The 3 rude ladies from yesterday were no where to be found, thank goodness!!

OVERALL:
Was the eclipse awesome?? YES!
Was the buffet delicious? Sure!
Were the slots fun to play?? NOT REALLY. Didn't even let us play, just takes it all(and I don't just play $20-40, we play by the hundreds!!)
Sidenote: This casino has always been pretty tight compared to the ones we normally go to in WA like Tulalip, Quilceda, Angel of the Winds, Muckleshoot, Skagit, Emerald Queen, etc..., so no surprise.
Would you stay here again?? NO, unless I absolutely have to and/or it was FREE.
Would I suggest management retrain/talk to those employees?? YES. but they probably won't.

Would I recommend this place to my friends and family?? Sadly, NOT anymore.

Room Tip: Book a King Deluxe room, ask for room close to the elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Len G

Reviewed 25 August 2017

It's more of a casino and hotel then it is a lodge. Not really a destination, but its close to family so its our best option to stay in the area. The rooms are good size and we have found the staff to be just fine. We have stayed here once a year over the last ten years or so. Some of the carpets are starting to show some wear, but overall its a good place to stay and a newly constructed building. The suite rooms are enormous with huge Jacuzzi tubs and bathroom!

It would be so much nicer for kids if they had a pool.

As a non smoking family the smoke is a bummer. Their ventilation system is inadequate as we have had several rooms that get smoke in them. And on the entire ground floor you smell the smoke from the casino, check in area, lobby, shopping area, and all the places to eat you have to smell smoke.

The non smoking casino area is open to the smoking casino area so its pretty much pointless.

They could use an upgrade on their ventilation systems and a couple sets of double doors to keep the smoke in just the smoking area of the casino.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jkumli
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Stayed at the lodge, the room was very nice and spacious. Very Clean!! For the price I would definitely recommend staying here, we stayed one night on the way to the coast and also won some $$ at the casino.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank K1784WWrichardf
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Closer than Reno, and is more to our liking since the changes at the Eldorado in Reno. Comps are just ok, but it's close to home. Breakfast at the Plank is always cold. Get up and drive to Chinook Winds for good food.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 21 June 2017

We are Very Fortunate to have the Free Shuttle Bus from Gresham & Portland, Oregon many times weekly. One can get the entire schedule from the .com address . We leave East Portland at 9 AM. Thereby 1115 AM and poker for us by 1135 and leave Sundays at 415 PM! Sundays are Special Poker Day along with tons of other ways to play slots or whatever. Every half hour Sundays there is 100.00 bonus for high hand every half hour and I have hit 5 weeks in a row now so Very Enjoyable. Poker room usually has about 7-9 tables of 9-10 players so much action and love the 3-6 Limit Tables as Really do well and have always loved winning. Having retired 2 months ago today, May do a bit more later on.

Room Tip: See the website for pics! Offers Best Buffet in the State per ads and personal usage and free with...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
35.3 km away
The Coho Oceanfront Lodge
The Coho Oceanfront Lodge
#4 of 35 in Lincoln City

Been to Spirit Mountain Casino Lodge? Share your experiences!