“Noisy Motel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grants Pass
Redwood Hyperion Suites
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed 22 November 2017

We stayed here several times, but decided that it was too noisy to go back. The motel is between the 2 main streets in town. We were frequently awaken by sirens, noisy trucks and cars. There are apparently lots of motorcycle riders, whose bikes have no mufflers. The motel is conveniently located immediately south of the I-5 exit.

They do serve a very nice breakfast, with several choices of food and beverage. There is a small swimming pool, with no life guard.

The air conditioners are quite noisy.

Room Tip: There are 2 ADA rooms on the 7th Street side of the motel. Each is quite large, with roll in shower...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
RHSuites, General Manager at Redwood Hyperion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

We appreciate your response to at least liking our breakfast facility and that we offer many choices and we wish we could plant more trees to hide the traffic noise.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Their website says "more than just a good night's rest" and "not just another hotel", except both of their excuses said just that.
I was on a road trip and wanted a good night's sleep. This place looked very nice. Problem was they had a very boisterous party staying there and they had put me right in the middle of it. Vehicles were going in and out until 2am. At that point I knew I wasn't going to get any sleep so I went to the office ( which by the way should have heard all of this same noise) and told them I was just going to leave and continue my driving trip and that I wanted a refund. I was told there would be "no problem" but that the manager in the morning had to issue the credit. It turns out the manager doesn't work until a day later. She didn't call me, I had to call her. Her response was that her employee told her I left at 6am instead of 2 am and that she could only refund $20 of the $169 price. I told her that wasn't acceptable. She kept stating " this is only a motel and we can't control cars going through etc. ". If I were staying at a Motel 6, I would expect this. However this is not a Motel 6. She said it was family owned and she would have to contact them if I wanted a bigger refund and that they were on vacation. Needless to say, I never heard back from her. This owner obviously puts money over customer satisfaction or taking responsibilities for providing a decent place to stay. I, of course, will never stay there again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
RHSuites, General Manager at Redwood Hyperion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Everyone has a right to write a review even if a refund was given. Not sure what more we could of done. The staff really go out of their way to keep this place a great place to get a great night's sleep.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We stayed one night at the Redwood Hyperion Suites. The room was lovely, large, and quiet. The pillows were all fairly flat foam, so that was not so good, but I did not ask for anything else so I have no idea if they have other pillows. We left before the free breakfast. It was not a high-end hotel, but for Grants Pass it is probably one of the best places to stay. We would stay there again.

Stayed: August 2017
RHSuites, General Manager at Redwood Hyperion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

We are hoping when you return all will be comfy and a nice sleep. We do appreciate the comments and are attending to all issues all the time to keep this place perfect for all. Thank you.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

What a beautiful place. Customer service was courteous, very nice lobby with cool drinks for the warm day it was. Grounds nicely decorated with waterfalls, beautiful landscaping and a nice refreshing pool. We stayed in a suite which was clean and nicely decorated, full kitchen. I would highly recommend the Redwood Hyperion Suites and look forward to staying here again. You can tell the owner and staff truly care about the property and their customers, well done.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
RHSuites, Front Office Manager at Redwood Hyperion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you, from all of the RHSuites Staff!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

This is probably the BEST hotel experience I've ever had! The breakfast is amazing, the staff are very friendly, and the beds are comfy. What else can I ask for? I wish I could rate this place 6 stars :)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Just by you responding is a cheerful response, thank you and we hope we can always amaze all of our guest.