“The worst Chinese food I've ever eaten”
Review of Chinese Happiness

Chinese Happiness
Ranked #51 of 193 Restaurants in Gresham
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 20 December 2016

We hadn't eaten at Chinese Happiness for several years but we recently moved back to the area so decided to order some takeout. This restaurant used to be one of our favorite but yesterday's meal changed that. My husband's order was wrong. The staff told him it was similar to what he did order so he decided to try something new as well as save time in not having to wait for the right order. Instead of rice, he got mushy noodles. The broccoli was cooked to mush and the entire dish was greasy, with the taste of old grease.. I ordered the vegetable lo mein. I too had the mushy noodles. Instead of a variety of vegetables, the "vegetable" was mostly onion, with a few pea pods and water chestnuts thrown in. It was heavy on the horrible noodles, light on the main ingredients. I've never left a bad review for a restaurant, ever. But this time, I feel I must. I don't know what happened at Chinese Happiness but it has gone considerably downhill. I've never had such horrible food. It was a total waste of money.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

I have been eating there since 2007 when I worked across the street at the Toyota dealership. By far the best Chinese food I have eaten! The staff is great and the owners are always on hand to make sure customers are handled correctly.

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

A nice place for lunch or dinner, staff friendly and helpful explaining several menu items. Everything was cooked perfectly and tasty. Easy access.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

Very popular place, especially for takeout. Suggest avoiding the shrimp and breaded deep fried shrimp as I lost a quick 4 pounds from a small bite into one soft shrimp that was a bit off. They could do a better job reviewing and tossing out iffy shrimp before cooking. BBQ pork was above average as was the Chow Mein. The service was good and staff seemed friendly. Humble property.

Reviewed 27 November 2015

As someone who has taken a seat in many places to eat, I should have known when I walked in and the place was deserted except for a few booths what to expect. Atmosphere, what can I say, their wasn't any. I was in the twilight zone, the place was so dull you fall asleep walking in the door. We took our pick of seats their were more than enough, service was so average that it would make Joe average want to change his name oh, and the food let me see, how do I describe the look and the taste and the smell, The look was a mess of brown matter on a plate and the taste, I'm of the opinion that they must have had a dysfunction of the stove and oh my the smell, I have never smelled anything that was supposed be Chinese food quite like that. Oddly enough the next day on the news it showed they had failed their food safety inspection, I won't go into detail yuk.

Been to Chinese Happiness? Share your experiences!