“Well-made, huge sandwich”

River Daze Cafe
Ranked #19 of 144 Restaurants in Hood River
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: All of our baked items are made in house from scratch using only natural ingredients. We use local, organic produce and natural meats. We are a genetically modified organism (GMO) free restaurant.
Reviewed 12 January 2017

Loved the roasted turkey sandwich here; it's enough to feed two and comes on excellent, toasted bread. Place smells divine, our only complaint is close too early!

Thank Amy T. G

Reviewed 9 January 2017

Great little cafe across from the Naked Winery. Got a wonderful lunch and donated to someone's weed stash

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

If you really enjoy sauerkraut sandwiches, this is the place to get one. The problem is I ordered a hot pastrami sandwich, and received a sauerkraut sandwich with one slice of pastrami, that you couldn't taste because the sauerkraut completely overwhelmed it. The only reason I gave it a three, was because the two people with me enjoyed their sandwiches more than I.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

As a lifetime local I've seen this particular building and location be a number of different restaurants and businesses, and to my surprise, this current Cafe is a hidden gem! I went to River Daze Cafe in August of 2016 with my daughter for a mid-morning/lunch meal and we were not disappointed.

My daughter had a regular Turkey Sandwich which she loved and I had their in-house Bacon Waffle with Real Maple Syrup and WOW! What a treat! Huge chunks of bacon where a nice treat throughout the meal. I also had their iced white chocolate mocha and it was done to perfection. On top of that, they had some Kombucha options that I sampled and that any other day of the week I would have gotten a glass of, but wouldn't have been a good mix with the coffee.

The service was excellent, the girls working behind the counter where really kind, very knowledgeable and very accommodating. The location is great and unfortunately that day, the big garage window/doors where not open, but I've seen when they are open and could imagine that would be nice to have while sitting back having your coffee or a meal. The price was right and we both left full so that was important!

I'd recommend this spot for anyone looking for something downtown, local, fun, unique and friendly. I have yet to find another place that will do Bacon Waffles in Hood River but when I refer people to this place, they come back giving me thumbs up for approval!

Enjoy!

Reviewed 27 July 2016

We always come to Hood River for a day or two on our way to the coast. This is a great place to get a breakfast sandwich and coffee before hitting the road. I love the garage door window that opens in the front so you can look out onto the town.