“The worst customer service experience I've ever had”
Review of Remedy Cafe

Remedy Cafe
Ranked #40 of 147 Restaurants in Hood River
Description: Upbeat, downtown warm cafe' with excellent art, clean environment and focus on alternative, healthy, whole, and organic foods, juices, and smoothies. Gluten free; vegan; organic foods. Also add chicken to any dish for protein.
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I went in last Saturday at 4:30PM to grab a smoothie on a hot day. I was promptly greeted with an employee who rolled their eyes, explained that no food was available as they were about to close. I just wanted a smoothie, so I ordered the aloha smoothie. After I had ordered I saw a smoothie was ready and grabbed it, sat down for a second to avoid going back in the heat and began to drink it.

This was my first and only time at this establishment so I had no idea I was drinking someone else's smoothie. I felt intimidated by the employee who rolled their eyes and basically didn't want me there, that I thought he had made the smoothie ASAP to get me out of there. I had planned to sit down for a second then go back into the heat. I had no idea that another customer at the time was in the establishment, I thought he was the owner or an employee, until the rude employee asked me if I was drinking the other customer's smoothie abruptly. I apologized and the employee rolled their eyes at me again, as if I was the worst human being on this earth, and verbally huffed. He and the female cashier apologized to the other customer and offered to make another smoothie, he just wanted the one I was drinking and was going to put a new straw in it. I was happy to oblige and handed over that smoothie.

The rude employee had put the smoothie that was mine on the counter. I promptly grabbed it and left. The smoothie was good in flavor. The customer experience was the worst I have encountered in a very long time. I understand that it was a hot day and the business was a half hour away from closing. But I should not be intimidated and scared away when I am just trying to grab a smoothie on a hot day. This employee clearly needs customer service training and will cost this business money in the long run with his poor attitude and customer service. I will not be returning.

1  Thank Michelle R
Eric S, Owner at Remedy Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Would you please accept my sincere apology for the terrible behavior of our employee.
Your important, detailed message - which includes the precise time of your experience - helps me to take the difficult action necessary that I must take with the employee you encountered.
Thank you for caring enough to contact us. Perhaps with time you will consider trying us again and find that our customer service is excellent, with friendly staff.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

To find vegetarian, healthy food in Hood River was a challenge. Remedy Cafe soon became a regular stop on my daily routine while out and about in town. The Hood River Bowl and the vegan tamale are delicious and nutritious. Dine in or grab food to go and eat by the water or at a local park. Either way, Remedy Cafe offers a healthy, happy and humble option for health conscious eaters.

1  Thank Lynnardo3H2
Eric S, Owner at Remedy Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thank you so much for your very encouraging review! We are focused on providing awesome food and drink alternatives, introducing people to low-glycemic, organic, green, and great tasting ingredients. Please come back soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I live in town and Remedy is my go to for healthy food, juice, smothies and smiles. The family who owns and operates the cafe are so wonderful and helpful. They truly love they're customers. All the ingredients are fresh and nutritious. Live the Chunky Monkey date balls and Remedy green juice. They offer vegan, paleo, and regular healthy food.

Eric S, Owner at Remedy Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Thank you for your very encouraging review! Please come back soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Perfect quiet Place to sit and enjoy.We enjoyed the Vegan Bowl. Close by to exit.Good Family run restaurant

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

I love the Buddha bowl ! Rice, beans, salsa, cilantro, olives! Ginger, turmeric, lemon shots (GTL) are amazing! I love all their juices ! There's one they have if you're feeling sick, you can order it hot or cold, I prefer to have it hot. I did the winter cleanse for 5 days at the start of the new year and really enjoyed it ! Lots of choices for vegetarians.

1  Thank Taunesha S