“So many vegan options”
Review of Remedy Cafe

Remedy Cafe
Ranked #44 of 145 Restaurants in Hood River
Description: Upbeat, downtown warm cafe' with excellent art, clean environment and focus on alternative, healthy, whole, and organic foods, juices, and smoothies. Gluten free; vegan; organic foods. Also add chicken to any dish for protein.
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Remedy Cafe was my first stop while visiting Hood River, and it was incredible. The acai bowl and kale coffee were delicious. They had so many vegan food options for me and other options for my friends. The bee artwork on the wall is also gorgeous and for sale.

Eric S, Owner at Remedy Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Thank you for your visit to our restaurant and your encouraging review. Please come back again soon. We hope that your visit to Hood River was delightful.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

My wife and I try to eat a salad as a meal each day. This can be difficult. Many restaurant salads are just lettuce and a couple vegetables such as tomatoes and cucumbers. The salads here had mixed greens with a mix of vegetables including roasted beets on my salad. My wife's salad was also good. I added sliced Turkey to my salad.

Eric S, Owner at Remedy Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thank you for your important review and for taking your time to share to others your excellent experience at our restaurant. We strive to provide very healthy and satisfying options and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

A vegan, a picky eater and two omnivores walked into this juice bar...and everyone left happy. We found a bright, clean cafe with ample staff & an impressive array of choices. Our party had the burritos, smoothies, green drinks, acai bowl and energy snacks. Everything was delicious, fresh and fast. Some of the teenaged staff seemed like teenagers - maybe a little sullen, maybe unfocused - but that didn't detract from our enjoyment of a nice meal. I saw an earlier review criticized the service and wonder if it was just a teen on an off moment. The owner was there working the counter when we visited, and he was efficient, friendly and very helpful. There's an area for children and a list of ingredients for each menu item. This is a place we will go again when we pass through town. Prices are very reasonable and the portions are, too. Enjoy!

Eric S, Owner at Remedy Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

We are so glad that you came to our restaurant and found that we had something for each of you! We are also very grateful for your thoughtful and encouraging review.

Your review also helped to remind me that we are not just about healthy, excellent food and serving customers to our best of our abilities. We are a teaching organization for our staff of young people. At Remedy, we are all learning how to be better in our work with others. For our younger staff, there is a lot going on in their lives that they are all trying to put together and some days are more challenging than others. Thank you for helping put things into correct perspective!

We are looking forward to seeing you all again!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I went in last Saturday at 4:30PM to grab a smoothie on a hot day. I was promptly greeted with an employee who rolled their eyes, explained that no food was available as they were about to close. I just wanted a smoothie, so I ordered the aloha smoothie. After I had ordered I saw a smoothie was ready and grabbed it, sat down for a second to avoid going back in the heat and began to drink it.

This was my first and only time at this establishment so I had no idea I was drinking someone else's smoothie. I felt intimidated by the employee who rolled their eyes and basically didn't want me there, that I thought he had made the smoothie ASAP to get me out of there. I had planned to sit down for a second then go back into the heat. I had no idea that another customer at the time was in the establishment, I thought he was the owner or an employee, until the rude employee asked me if I was drinking the other customer's smoothie abruptly. I apologized and the employee rolled their eyes at me again, as if I was the worst human being on this earth, and verbally huffed. He and the female cashier apologized to the other customer and offered to make another smoothie, he just wanted the one I was drinking and was going to put a new straw in it. I was happy to oblige and handed over that smoothie.

The rude employee had put the smoothie that was mine on the counter. I promptly grabbed it and left. The smoothie was good in flavor. The customer experience was the worst I have encountered in a very long time. I understand that it was a hot day and the business was a half hour away from closing. But I should not be intimidated and scared away when I am just trying to grab a smoothie on a hot day. This employee clearly needs customer service training and will cost this business money in the long run with his poor attitude and customer service. I will not be returning.

1  Thank Michelle R
Eric S, Owner at Remedy Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Would you please accept my sincere apology for the terrible behavior of our employee.
Your important, detailed message - which includes the precise time of your experience - helps me to take the difficult action necessary that I must take with the employee you encountered.
Thank you for caring enough to contact us. Perhaps with time you will consider trying us again and find that our customer service is excellent, with friendly staff.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

To find vegetarian, healthy food in Hood River was a challenge. Remedy Cafe soon became a regular stop on my daily routine while out and about in town. The Hood River Bowl and the vegan tamale are delicious and nutritious. Dine in or grab food to go and eat by the water or at a local park. Either way, Remedy Cafe offers a healthy, happy and humble option for health conscious eaters.

Eric S, Owner at Remedy Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thank you so much for your very encouraging review! We are focused on providing awesome food and drink alternatives, introducing people to low-glycemic, organic, green, and great tasting ingredients. Please come back soon!