“Never get the order correct....not sure why.”
Review of Blast Burger

Blast Burger
Ranked #76 of 153 Restaurants in Lake Oswego
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 22 February 2017

We've been here numerous times and our order is almost always wrong. The last time we went, my daughter (who has celiac) ordered a gluten free bun. Unfortunately it WAS NOT gluten free even after double checking & they assured us it was and after several bites we realized it wasn't. Needless to say she got very sick and after several similar issues there, we won't be going back.

Tim M, Owner at Blast Burger, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

LeAnne, please accept our most sincere apologies. We’re so very sorry to hear that your daughter was feeling ill after dining with us. We pride ourselves on using proper food preparation techniques and honoring a guests dietary restrictions, so we take reports like this extremely seriously. In addition, we hate to hear your that your previous experiences have caused frustration. We certainly strive to make all of our guests’ orders correct the first time, but it seems like we’ve missed the mark with your recent orders. We want you to know we take your opinion very seriously and will be sure to bring this to the attention of our staff in order to make the proper corrections. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

I was wondering around Lake View Village while I was in Lake Oswego for the afternoon. I was surprised just how man fine dining establishments they had clustered here. True I was in the heart of downtown. And this area had a nice posh feel about it. Near Millennium Plaza Park. And up close to Lakewood Bay. Real cosy like.

I had a yen for something like a burger. And I didn’t have far to look. I had stumbled upon an establishment with the name Blast Burger. The name meant nothing to me. First time I heard of it. They had outdoor seating with tables under umbrellas with a nice view of Lakewood Bay. It was a sunny day, but I felt like sitting inside and soak up the interior atmosphere. You know, get a feel for the place. Try it on and see how it feels.

I walked in and spotted the bar. How could I miss? It was right in front of me. Over to my left there was a huge mural covering the wall. It was a scene of space. Outer space. There was an astronaut floating in the void reaching out. There was a hamburger floating right in front of him. Yeah, this was the place for me. And then it clicked– Blast Burger.

I asked for a menu and sat down. It was time to launch into lunch. The cover reflected the mural. It was the same charming chap floating in space.

The music playing was rock. Classic rock. Steppenwolf’s Born To Be Wild played as I gazed over the menu. It took a little time to narrow the field down. Finally I did and ordered The Big Cheese and a cup of coffee. Bad Company’s The Sky Is Burning played next. Somehow it seemed to fit the place. And complimented the mural.

The burger came with fries and a nice green pickle spear. Everything was good. The Big Cheese was just that– big. Juicy. And delicious. I made short work of it. Sipped my coffee and read the words over the counter next to the mural. It was advertising for Local Bluegrass. No Cover. On Friday and Saturday nights. From 7 to 9:30 PM.

I quizzed my server, Antonio, about it.
He pointed, “They play over there. We clear out an area for them. They are very good. You should come and see it, sometime.”
“Yeah, perhaps I should.”
He smiled, “Would you like more coffee?”
“Yes. That’d be wonderful.”
He poured. I thanked him. Then I got to work liquidating the evidence while I gazed about the room making mental notes. The gears were turning. I planned a return in the not so distant future. As I got up to leave they all waved and wished me well. And thanked me for dropping in. Especially Antonio. He must have spotted my notes. And my camera. He was on to me. He knew I was casing the joint. And I liked what I had found. Yeah, he got a tip.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

A good solid burger experience, plus other items for those not into burgers. We took our grandkids because kids eat free on Tuesdays and it's a good deal. Our burgers were juicy and really good. There are lots of variations, too. I wouldn't hesitate to go again...even without the grandkids!

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

People staff and management of blast burger are awesome the food is terrific service is always with a smile and the owners and management run a very very good operation

Reviewed 15 August 2016

There seems to be a ton of burger places in the greater Portland area and this seems to be another one to add to the list. Unfortunately, it does nothing to put itself ahead of the pack and is really just another standard burger place.