All reviewswafflescovered parkingindoor pool and spachoice hotelsshortest rivercookieshot tubparking lotvery nice hotelfree breakfastoregon coastbiscuits and gravystayed one nightgreat rooma great place to stayking bedbeach access
Reviewed 12 August 2018

First off, we were met with warm chocolate chip cookies, which was a definite plus! Our room was very clean, and we had an unexpected view of the ocean. The bed was comfortable. Also, the breakfast was much better than most breakfasts that are included with the hotel. I would definitely recommend this property.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beatles4ever1965
Reviewed 28 July 2018

Great location within walking distance to the beach. Staff was friendly. This has all the amenities you would expect at a Comfort Inn. However, the carpet in the room had many stains and had a distinct odor of dog. We have frequented many Comfort Inns. This is the first time we have encountered the smell of dog in a room. I would like to see the pet friendly rooms kept to a minimum and at least a warning at the time of booking.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I reserved a pet friendly king bed room for the 4th of July by calling the hotel. When we check in the front desk told us that we can't leave our small dog in the aline in the room for any length of time and it is a $250 fine if the dog is left alone in the room. My wife and I are a bit stunned as to what we are going to do because we were planning to leave our dog in his crate in our room while we watched fireworks on the beach. We got a key to the room and went to check it out and it smelled totally awful! We walked right out of the room and back to the front desk clerk to express our dislike of the offensive odor in the room and to also address why we were not told about not being able to leave our dog in his crate in the room, he apologized. At this point we request our money back for the room and the clerk called Sean, the regional manager who stated he will be at the hotel in 10 minutes. The clerk went on to inform us that they are not a boarding facility. Sean git to the hotel and he offered us another room since the original room smelled so bad. We requested our money from Sean who the laughed and said he will not do that. I told Sean that when the reservation was made there was no mention of not being able to leave our dog in the room and NOWHERE on the website does it say we can't leave our dog in the room for a couple hours. Sean got rude and hostile and said in a loud voice that NO place in Lincoln City will allow you to leave your pet in the room. I was very upset at this point and walked out. My wife continued to reason with Sean but to no avail. We ended up staying at the Shearwater Inn and they felt bad for the way we were treated by Sean at Comfort Inn & Suites and told us that we can certainly leave our dog in a crate in the room! Sean is a combative liar with the worst customer service skills I have experienced in a long time! Shearwater in was totally AWESOME! they gave a a complimentary doggie basket with sheets for him to lay on along with some treats and 2 bowls! The 2 young ladies were welcoming and took great care of us! The Shearwater Inn saved our little vacation! I took a photo of the dog rules at the Shearwater Inn that they provide in the basket. This backs up Sean being a liar.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank edvaring
Reviewed 24 July 2018

We stayed for one night to celebrate our anniversary at the beach. We booked a jacuzzi suite. The room (231) was spacious and clean and very quiet. It was a corner room on the far side of the property. Plenty of accessible and working outlets to plug in your techy stuff. A nice shower with plenty of pressure. My husband enjoyed a soak in the large jetted tub in the room. Oh and in this room there is a little window with blinds in it. If you like a pitch black room, this is not it. It needs a black out curtain or something over it to stop the light from the parking lot.

Breakfast was good and plentiful with eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, breads, cereals, fruit and waffles. A little something for everyone.

The only downfall for this hotel was the entrance near our room was locked and not accessible with a room key. So we had to walk all the way back to he front entrance and navigate the entire hotel to to our room. Got my steps in to say the least. It would have been nice to be able to use the door located just under our room.

The pool area is nice, but have to say the hot tub seemed a little dingy. Could not see the bottom. Time for a new filter?

All in all it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2018

There is nothing uniquely special about this hotel. The experience feels about average for the price and location - with the exception of the excellently helpful front desk. All the front desk staff have been most cheerful and helpful, but I would especially like to call out Benjamin for his amazing attitude and costumer service.

Shortly after checking in we discovered a small housekeeping issue in our room. I called down to the front desk to register my complaint. To my surprise moments later the front desk clerk Benjamin arrived at our room to personally correct the small issue. The quick personal response was a welcome and unexpected surprise, and earned this hotel 5 stars from me.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family