“Everything you love and hate about American Chinese Restaurants.”

Kwang Chow Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 75 Restaurants in Milwaukie
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed 18 May 2017

If you want modern authentic Chinese, SKIP KC! I have been eating Kwan Chow my entire life. It was likely the first Chinese food I was introduced to and I continue to hold other places to my Kwang Chow standard. Okay. THEY LOVE TO USE CELERY. The chow mein shouldn't be your only dish. When It's used as a side to one of the plentiful meat dishes the celery is a very nice crunchy treat in my opinion. Things that are sweet are VERY sweet. Things that are spicy are NOT all that spicy. The decor is dated and awkward. The tea is typical. The booths need recovered. BBQ pork is so good and I love the egg foo young. This is not fancy authentic Hunan or Sezhuan fare. This is over 40 years of American Chinese cuisine and I love it!

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

Lame. Got combo plate with fried shrimp and pork with chicken chow mein. While I know you have to fry things in oil, the two items were saturated in oil. The chicken chow mein should be renamed "celery chow mein with a little chicken".

Waitress would get her cart that she pushes around up to speed and then zooms past your table saying, "How was everything? Good!' By the time you've figured out she was talking to you, she's gone!

Oh, and they don't take plastic. One tiny sign on the SECOND door says this. But hey! They have one of those cash machines that I'm sure will charge you an arm and a leg...wonder how what the restaurant's take from the atm fee is?

Won't go back. Shouldn't have gone in the first place

Reviewed 20 January 2017

We have been eating here for 8 years now and have never been disappointed. We eat both in the restaurant and also the take out. Only once was there problem with part of our order and they made it up to us the next time we came in. Wonderful staff, always greeting us in a friendly manner. They do allow substitutions without an extra charge. I love their egg foo young. Their BBQ pork is out of this world. Have had it several times and no fat on it at all. We do have to be careful of MSG as my partner gets a migraine from eating it and a lot of Chinese restaurants do use MSG. We have never had an MSG problem eating here. The only thing is this restaurant is cash only. I understand fully and appreciate them keeping the menu prices down. We always plan on cash when we go there but if you forget, there is an ATM right in the front of the restaurant.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

Some of the best egg rolls I have ever had, Very tasty General Tso's chicken. And the BBQ pork was outstanding.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

best egg rolls in town, the fried rice is by far also my favorite in the city... Ive been a customer for 30 plus years.