“Nice dinner”
Review of Hot Rod Cafe

Hot Rod Cafe
Ranked #10 of 23 Restaurants in Myrtle Creek
Reviewed 25 January 2018

We've stopped by a couple times, we have always had a great dinner with excellent service.The country fried steak hits the spot and the grilled turkey sandwich is excellent. There were some bumps when they first opened, but they have learned and moved on. All in all, it's a win.

1  Thank DakineSmile

Reviewed 15 January 2018

With the odd hours of this restaurant, it took a few weeks to finally be able to have dinner. I had been looking forward to the $12 rib eye steak I saw the first time I went in for lunch. By the time we finally found a night to have dinner, the steak was up to $14 and it was not like any rib eye I've ever had. After being told not to visit the salad bar more than once, my dinner came. The steak was about 1/8" thick and took up most of the small platter--it had been run through a cuber to tenderize it causing it to flatten and spread out--it needed a couple of more passes because my steak was chewy and not all that flavorful. This place is doing a good business because the locals like having a diner to go to and I hope they make it, but it won't be a regular stop for us except for maybe lunch.

1  Thank Fay D
Reviewed 10 January 2018

My husband and I were reluctant to try this restaurant because of poor reviews on FB right after it opened. Main complaints were about the slow service. However, we were gratefully surprised to learn that the owners listened and have managed to give us and others excellent, speedy service every time we have returned for the delicious food and generous serving sizes of everything we have tried. We have been there for dinners, lunches and even breakfast (their country fried steak is absolutely delicious!). Lesson learned, don't believe everything you read about a restaurant until you try it at least once yourself. You won't be disappointed in the case of Hot Rod Cafe if you give it another try.

1  Thank lorriem552