“Romantic setting, but I'm still hungry! ”

Jory Restaurant at The Allison Inn & Spa
Reserve with OpenTable
Jory Restaurant at The Allison Inn & Spa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in Newberg
Price range: US$25 - US$75
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Springbrook
Description: The Allison Inn & Spa's acclamined restaurant, JORY pays tribute to Oregon's agricultural bounty with it's own 1.5 Acre vegetable garden and 850 item wine list known for its depth in Willamette Valley producers. Under the direction of Executive Chef Sunny Jin, JORY is one of Oregon's top culinary destinations. Known for delectable Wine Country cuisine, the freshest local ingredients and stunning Willamette Valley vistas, a meal here is inspired. Settle into the elegant yet comfortable dining room accented with fine art and appointments. Outside, soak up the sun on plush outdoor seating on the porch, with sweeping views of Willamette Valley and hazelnut orchards. Or enjoy a roaring cozy fireplace, perfect for an apertif or after dinner conversation.
Reviewed 12 January 2015 via mobile

The food is delicious, often times dishes are a different spin on from the traditional dish. I ordered the lasagna- you think red sauce, meat, cheese. Nope- this was a slow cooked pork in a wheat noodle pouch with a sauce and an egg sunny side up. Weird format. I would not call that lasagna, but it was very rich and if you have an advanced palate you will like it. My husband had the oysters. Food portions are very small. I always leave there with a huge bill and an empty tummy. Wine list is excellent- lots of great choices. If it's a Sat night- there will be live music by the fire. Very romantic and great for small group gatherings.

Reviewed 7 January 2015

My husband and I spent New Years Eve at The Allison Inn & Spa and enjoyed a prix fixe dinner at Jory Restaurant. My husband had alerted the staff to my dairy allergy. At dinner, I was presented with my own printed version of the prix fixe menu altered to be dairy free. Very special and very delicious with very little change from the original offerings. I suspect that with prior notice any dietary needs will be happily met. The waitstaff was attentive to every patron. Each course was delivered in what looked like a synchronized dance. And the food, beautiful to look at, wonderful to eat. The Jory has an extensive wine list, so I'd suggest one looks it over well in advance of dining there.

Reviewed 30 December 2014

We had a terrific dinner at the Jory. The restaurant is beautifully designed and very warm and friendly. The serving staff member assigned to us was superb -- friendly, well-informed, patient and entertaining. The menu was a little less comprehensive than we had hoped, but we loved all of the things we selected. My wife had appetizers for her main, and they were great. The steak I had -- I have to remember that Americans love large portions -- was excellent. The restaurant was quiet and we had a lovely, un-rushed and relaxing evening out. Full marks!

Reviewed 19 December 2014

We can see the Allison from our house so we are tempted to go, especially on a beautiful day when we can sit outside on their terrace. This may be our 5th time, but first sitting on the terrace . Very enjoyable. Seated right away. A little slow on the service today.
I asked for a gluten free menu and the young man said he would bring one right away. He did not return for 15 minutes. In the meantime another server came and asked for our drink selection and food order. Told her I was waiting for a GF menu. That is when she told me they do not have a GF menu and the young man works nights and didn't know. I guess gluten free customers only eat during the day.
The food was wonderful and since we were not in a hurry the waiting time did not matter to us. The couple next to us also waited a good 15 minutes before their server showed for the first time. Previous indoor service has always been prompt so if I was there for my lunch hour today, I would of needed two.
I give 1 star for the Spanish Coffee. Maybe it is against their policy to burn the sugar, but I did not even get the sugared rim. For such a high end establishment they should have a high end lounge.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

Well worth the trip from Portland area. Outstanding fare for those willing to pay the price. Great views, excellent service and a must place for special occasions.

1  Thank Jetdrive1145