“Delicious!!”

Ranked #38 of 93 Restaurants in Newberg
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Located 1 block south off highway 99 in a two story colonial building. We have outdoor seating in the spring and summer, plus lots of parking and a grass yard for the kids to enjoy. The front of the building faces the parking lot and Pogy's Subs faces the right end of the building on Hayes Street. Plus it's not on highway 99 so it's nice and quiet. Kinda private.
Reviewed 9 October 2016

I work upstairs and the smell of fresh bread always entices me to come down and seek sustenance. Most recently I had ordered my usual, which the staff knows by heart, and I quickly consumed the entirety in pure delight. It was the best sandwich they had ever made for me. which fueled me to write this review! For I could taste the love. The restaurant is family owned and they always make you feel important. If you choose to patron this establishment, they will learn your name and order, with a smile. Even when they are busy they find a moment to acknowledge me. I always enjoy talking with them.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Three of us had sandwiches and one had a small pizza. The key to a good deli operation is the freshness of makings for the sandwiches. That was clearly not the case at Pogy's. The rolls where at least a day old and makings had not been kept fresh but left out on the prep table for some time. The grand-kids said that they had been there before and it was not very good on that occasion. We'll probably try it one more time and if its bad we'll just cross them off our list of places to go.

Date of visit: April 2016
Paula R, Owner at Pogy's Subs, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

We are sorry you had a bad experience here at Pogy's. Our meats and cheeses are sliced fresh to order so it's very unfortunate to hear that it did not seem to be the case when you came in. Our prep table is kept at 38 degrees which is one reason we received a 100% health inspection grade. We do set up the trays at the end of the counter until the entire order is finished, which may be what we did while waiting for the pizza to be done. We would like to invite you back for a complimentary meal, and to hear what went wrong with your order in person. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

We bought their subs and they were excellent with reasonable prices and the staff was very helpful. The facility was clean and had indoor and outdoor seating. The subs are quite large and a 1/2 should do for most people.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 4 March 2016

I was able to walk to Pogy's Subs from the hotel where we stayed. The staff was very friendly, and the sub and salad that I bought were excellent. I will definitely revisit them ir in Newberg again.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 30 September 2015

Pogs makes THE best subs around! My favorite is the ham turkey roast beef & provolone on wheat, so good! They've got a wide variety of made to order subs, not to mention some killer salads, pizzas and other specialties! They even have lots of gluten free options! We eat here at least once a month! Their prices are great the their food is AMAZING!

Date of visit: September 2015

Been to Pogy's Subs? Share your experiences!