“Great sandwiches, but SO SLOW”
Review of Sandwich Express

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sandwich Express
Ranked #39 of 92 Restaurants in Newberg
Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

I have been here many times, I keep coming back because the sandwiches are so good, but the service is so slow. They have 1 speed and do not know how to switch gears to speed it up. I say this not trying to be rude, strictly in business tone. (being a bakery manager for 16 years)

I usually call and place a pick up order, which then takes about 5-10 minutes after I arrive before I get my order. Today I tried and was placed on hold. I was on hold for 10 minutes (i think she forgot about me).

I gave up and placed a to go order when I got there. I was there for 18 minutes. 18 minutes for 2 sandwiches seems a little too long. There were 3 or 4 employees in back. They were all working, but again, in first gear. (not being rude, just a manager)

I'm sure I'll be back, but it would really be awesome if the crew could learn a sense of urgency. This was at 11:30 before the actual lunch rush. I've been there once around 12:30 and I will never go back during that time.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

This is our new go to place for Iunch and even dinner. We eat here about 3 times a week now and just love it. Bread is so fresh and yummy, they load the sandwiches up with meat compared to other sub shops. Meat to bread ratio is much better then other sub shops in town. I love their special, every month it changes. This month is 4" zesty turkey with fries and drink for only $6.99. The fries are super good being deep fried, never greasy. The 4" sandwhich is compatible to the 6" at Subway only tastes better. More meat.
Restaurant decor is cute, all train related including one that travels around while you eat and its always super clean. Friendly staff too. Love the place

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Heard the fries were really good and they are. Deep fried and one option is garlic fries. We preferred the ones without garlic but both were good. Nice fresh bread. $7.49 and you get 6" sub, yummy fries and a drink. Not a bad deal at all. Cute atmosphere inside, train themed so kids would like it.

Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

Forget the crap food at subway- 1 lame piece of meat, 1 piece of cheese. No thank you!
This is the best kept secret in Newberg. Combos, flavor, generous portions, excellent value.
Plus you are supporting a local business - not some tacky chain.

Great for families, tucked away behind Fred Meyer.

Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

This restaurant is known for their sandwiches but they also have other good options. Wonderful soups. Great French dip. Yes it is a sandwich but unusual for many sandwich shops. Same goes for their Reuben sandwiches. They have many different kinds of bread like jalapeño bread. So they make it your way.

If you know what you want, call ahead and they will have it ready for you to take out.

Tip: during business hours for the bank and UPS store, the parking can be a bit of a problem, go to the area south of the center to park and walk over instead of going round and round.

Another tip: watch the train that runs around the whole restaurant up close to the ceiling.

Been to Sandwich Express? Share your experiences!