“Dissapointing”
Review of Ruddick/Wood

Ruddick/Wood
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruddick/Wood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 92 Restaurants in Newberg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 January 2017

This place was reccomended to us by so many people that we had to try. I had sunchoke soup with a ton of olive oil on top and a few chunks of apples on it, roasted chicken salad with plenty of bad pieces of lettuce. My husband had burger with a big curly hair in it. Our server was great and really tried hard to make things better, but even the best service can not make up for a mediocre food.Will not return.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Atmosphere: Friendly, low keyed vibe in a retro-industrial setting, reminiscent of Seattle/ Portland.
Menu: Lots of unusual, delicious choices, sandwiches, salad, dinner, subtle medleys of flavor, changing offerings. high quality ingredients.
Service: Engaging, ask your server a question about the food, drink, setting, music and they have an informed answer. Attuned to the customer without hovering.

Reviewed 22 December 2016

I really wanted to like this place since, I recently moved to newberg. I had heard mixed reviews and i would agree. The interior and service was good I had lunch yesterday . The menu is WAY too limited for anywhere. They were out of the fish as a entree which was a bummer. I noticed they had it on the dinner menu maybe they should substitute something it was not busy at all and it should be. They need more hearty salads like a cobb or asian salad for lunch and more hot dishes like a pasta. I was really and my friend was struggling to find a good option. I had the burger it was good it had ground chuck and lamb and i liked that but, they didn't have ANY good selection of a cheese for it. They only offered swiss or cheddar , really. a gourmet burger needs a good cheese and imported. They also do not offer good mustards for the burger very odd. My friend had the roast beef sandwich and the bread was not a great choice it was a sourdough but, hard. This needs to be a good marble rye or gourmet. I usually go to Tina's, Recipe or Dundee Bistro and love these places. What was good was the wine selection, cocktails and I will come in for that. The salad extra with the burger was excellent and the dressing a balsamic was great. The french fries the truffle oil my friend had was also very good. I feel they need to make more hot sandwiches in cold weather, better more robust salads as entrees, more soups , also add a good solid fish entree for lunch and a pasta as a entree. They need for comfort food for gourmet and seasonal dishes. they also should have a gourmet BLATT and maybe fondue.

Reviewed 22 December 2016

Stopped into Ruddick/Wood with a group of coworkers for our annual holiday lunch before taking a wine tasting tour. The menu is pretty cool actually - it features nothing but locally grown "farm fresh" ingredients. I had the steak sandwich and enjoyed it. The service was slow - granted there were about 10 of us, still, seemed slow for a non-peak time on a Thursday. We also enjoyed the rustic feel of the restaurant - have to give them credit for that. My main issue is that the layout is not very intimate - so if privacy is your thing, consider another restaurant. That said however, I'd consider stopping in again to see if we can hit the 5 star experience.

Reviewed 9 December 2016

We ate here twice, once for dinner and once for breakfast. The breakfast was definitely better. We were disappointed in the small menu and food for dinner. I had the clams, my husband had the salmon. We'd say they were okay, but nothing to rave about. I'd give the dinner a 2.5 and breakfast a 3*.

Been to Ruddick/Wood? Share your experiences!