“Romantic Dinner”
Review of Painted Lady

Painted Lady
Reserve with OpenTable
Painted Lady is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 91 Restaurants in Newberg
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 2nd Street
Reviewed 16 February 2015

Finally got the chance to go to Newberg and try this highly recommended restaurant, and it lives up to the recommendations. Love the space - beautifully renovated home. We were set in the Private dining room upstairs - the brown color of the walls was nice, but seemed to make the room a little dark. I highly recommend using the large bathroom upstairs - cool space.
The service was impeccable and very curious. I love staff that are intimate with the food preparation and what the influence of the chef staff have on the menu. We were there for Valentine's Day and the prefix menu was superb. Some of the stand outs in my mind were the tortellini and rabbit, the pistachio encrusted smoked filet mignon. The meal was perfect.
I recommend trying the pimento ginger beer Moscow mule cocktail - very nice. We will definitely be returning for another memorable night out.

1  Thank Steven M

Reviewed 8 January 2015

This is one of the two best restaurants in the Northwest. The chef's menu, although a little pricy, is well worth the experience. We make it a highlight of our trip every time we visit the Willamette Valley. Excellent wine list featuring local Pinot Noir's.

Reviewed 30 December 2014

My husband and I recently took advantage of a generous gift card and had a fantastic date night. The only downside to this restaurant is that it is very spendy - more than I think I could fathom paying from my own pocket, but having experienced it, I understand why it costs what it does and I think you do get what you pay for.

Now for the details - the location is a restored Victorian style house that I wouldn't have known was even a restaurant from the street. Inside, it's nice and intimate - I would guess the entire place, including he private dining room upstairs, only would seat a total of 40-50 people, and I think it's unlikely they do more than one seating per table each night as the dining experience is one to be savored and not rushed. I would guess our dinner took two hours, and we were probably on the quicker side among diners. The menu itself is fixed - you purchase an 8 course meal. The only choices we made were our drinks, and then three of the courses had two options available (e.g. Duck vs. scallop, salmon vs. steak, and gingerbread cake vs. carrot cake donut). We were very nervous about making it through all 8 courses, but we found that each course was a tasting style portion, so some were literally just a few bites, while others were more significant, but none of the courses were overwhelming on their own. I would really say our meal was 10 courses... In addition to the listed menu there was also a small appetizer provider when we arrived and a tray of candies that came with our bill. The food itself ranged from some courses that were good but nothing special to others that were truly yummy. I especially liked the miso-crab soup course that was on the menu the day we visited. We left the restaurant very satisfied but not overstuffed.

Although we stuck with cocktails and wine by the glass, I think it's worth noting the wine list... Being in the Oregon wine country they had an excellent selection of Oregon Pinot Noirs, but they had an equally impressive selection of other U.S. and foreign selections of all varietals.

I hope I find another reason in the future for someone to treat me to this dining experience.

Reviewed 16 December 2014

My sister-in-law hosted my brother's 50th birthday dinner at the Painted Lady and it was a huge success. 25 people attended and the restaurant put together a tasting menu pairing local wines with their exquisite cuisine. The dinner was a huge success. The wait staff and two sommeliers were first class. If you are ever in Newberg or in the Oregon wine country I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 6 December 2014

Living in the Newberg area is a privilege to experience the love and appreciation for food and wine pairing, and the Painted Lady accomplishes this beautifully. We have been three times, and never disappointed. It is a bit spendy, which is why it is our choice for special occasions, but always a good choice. Food and service have always been top notch as well.

Been to Painted Lady? Share your experiences!