“Delish Irish Fare”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A real surprise. Good food, good beer, nice ambiance. The pot pies are excellent and the bangers and mash were delicious.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,035)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visit this pub each time we vacation in the area. The food is always excellent and the beer selections consistent to what I would expect from an Irish pub outside of Ireland. My favorite are the scotch (ironically) eggs and my wife says that the tuna melt is the best she has ever had. That said there is nothing on the menu that I would not recommend. Great place to visit after a walk on the beach.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On a recent road trip up the coast of Oregon we found ourselves with nowhere to be on St Patty's Day! We drove north from Yachats after googling the nearest Irish pub and chose it based on its name...in honor of my Nana from Ireland!

First of all, when we arrived in town with the rain and cold and the coastal seaside vibe..we felt at home! The town of Newport is adorable. Nana's is right on the corner with a large patio and quite a large bar inside. It was packed, of course and the wait was an hour and a half! Since we had to drive around the block for parking we decided to put our name in and walk around. They offered to call us when our table was ready! The staff was so friendly even when they were obviously rushed with people.
Up the road was an Irish store (Brighdie's) and a book store and the beach. We barely got to Brighdie's to look around when we received a call our table was ready. I guess a lot of people on the list decided to leave because it had only been 20 mins!

It was still packed with people and an Irish band was playing so the vibe was natural, fun and authentically alive!

We ordered Guiness, fish n chips, pot pie and Colcannon (cabbage soup), Soda Bread and corn dog for the kiddie (children are welcome during certain hours). I tried it all and EVERYRHING was delicious even the chips and corn dog!

We felt so warm and comfortable from the food to the atmosphere and hospitality..I forgot for a moment I wasn't back in Ireland. It's the first time I've ever been to a pub and wanted to buy a shirt!!

I know it was a holiday..but I'd venture to guess it's a pleasure every day at Nana's so definitely go in for a visit or drive out of your way for a Guiness!!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed afternoon cocktails and appetizers here. Great service fun environment and tasty eats and drinks. I'd totally recommend the Dublin Donkey, so yummy & refreshing!

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Off season, we know, and everyone visits when it’s lovely in summer, but our itinerary had us here in mid-March.

We tossed up between this and another place and figured this would be busier and give us a better atmosphere. So down the road we went...

Walked in, and an overwhelming smell of cleaning product hit us. Either someone had been very ill, very recently, or this was the normal scent. We told staff that it smelled funny.

I walked around the front desk wait staff to see if any tables further away from the door might smell less. They didn’t, and when I got back, my partner insisted we walk straight out! So we did. Outside, I was told that the moment I walked past the wait staff, there were rolling eyes, huffy breaths and a comment along the lines of ‘don’t you expect me to give you a good table?’...

Lady, it wasn’t the table, it was the smell. We can’t eat a meal in a restaurant that smells like a public toilet after a bleach bomb has been let off. The assault on our nasal passages was too much.

I’m sure it’d be better on another day, but today was not that day. That they pretended it was normal was a little amusing.