“A hidden treasure”

Arr Place
Ranked #50 of 116 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Phone: (541) 265-4240 79 people have voted on this restaurant on Urban Spoon. http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/243/1144265/restaurant/Oregon/Arr-Place-Newport
Reviewed 2 July 2017

This was our first breakfast at Newport's most eclectic eatery after many dinners, but the outcome remained the same: one-of-a-kind.
Hidden away in a hollow next to a children's palyground and almost devoid of commercial signage, Arr Place can be a challenge to locate the first time, but you will find your way back. Sit at the food counter or either of the two large tables and you will experience excellence.
Aymee commands the front of the house with her gruff but welcoming manner, and husband Robert is the genius in the kitchen. We had Huevos Rancheros and Corned Beef Hash, both outstanding. The table was packed with games and puzzles for the grandkids, who also enjoyed the classic cartoons looping on the TV.
Be forewarned: Arr Place is just open Thursday night for dinner and Friday through Sunday from 9-1, and payment is cash only. But enter with an open mind and an empty stomach and you will be grandly rewarded.

1  Thank Steve C

Reviewed 14 May 2017

If it weren't for the pics, I would have never found it, but now I can't wait to go back. Once I am not so full, that is! Hours are Thursday dinner (5-9), then Friday through Sunday (9-1). Kitschy interior, with books and puzzles to entertain you while the chef prepares some of the most tasty dishes I've had in a while. The three of us started with dessert, as recommended. Raspberry bread pudding with white chocolate ice cream - not heavy, just perfect. Then we shared the Eggs Benedict with salmon and the daily mix, a skillet (broccoli, shiitake mushrooms, potatoes and more, but the mix varies daily) with cheese of your choice (we did bleu) and eggs as you like them, plus an enormous biscuit. We asked for hot sauce, but the flavors were so good, we did not need it. And the presentation of all dishes was lovely - real napkins, too! Amee (sp?) and Robert have created a treasure here!

1  Thank Clare P
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

I dined solo on a Saturday morning and was the first customer when they opened right at 9am. The owners were so welcoming and friendly I would have been comfortable staying all day. I had a breakfast scramble which was delicious, it came with a homemade biscuit which was fluffy and absolutely perfect.

1  Thank S F
Reviewed 20 December 2016

We had read the reviews and walked to this restaurant. At first we couldn't find it and then discovered it is in a residential neighborhood and located somewhere in a two story house. However this place was closed on a sat morning??? When we were trying to figure out what the story was, two cars pulled up and we chatted with the drivers (both locals) who said it's not uncommon for the owners to just not open-up? They said its usually mentioned on thier face book page but I guess this time it wasn't. So is it a hobby or a business? Thanks for the cold walk and no food.....

1  Thank richallen97225
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Arr' Place does it all & they know the very best! Starting with the most quality fruits, vegetables & spirits, transforming into an experience you may never forget. A&R share my passion for food & we go as often as life allows. My favorite is the chili & of course dessert. Cheers to the good life!

1  Thank BurgandyBabe