“Sassy service and crappy food”
Review of Cecil's Dirty Apron - CLOSED

Cecil's Dirty Apron
Cuisines: American, Cuban, Seafood
Reviewed 26 January 2014

These kids think they know down home southern style food, but this place is really a joke when it comes to a restaurant. It may be an OK nightclub, but don't eat there.

3  Thank BeenThereDoneThat123

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I loved the art and the cheery paint job. The food, while not the worst I've ever had, doesn't rate a second chance. The fries were okay. The sandwich while not inedible, was only almost as good as a grocery store deli sandwich. I choked down half and brought the rest home just in case I got really really hungry and no longer cared what my food tasted like.

2  Thank krzkt
Reviewed 4 July 2013

To see this place from the outside a person would assume it would not be a good place to take the family. WRONG. Cecil's Dirty Apron is a great place to eat and lots of fun. We ordered frog legs just to say that we tried them. The chef brought them out to us, a young man from South Carolina. There was live music and we were encouraged to dance and enjoy ourselves. Our three year old could not stop dancing....oh, and she loved the frog legs! By far my favorite place to eat in Newport.

1  Thank AliciaT143
Reviewed 26 May 2013

My wife and I stumbled into Newport one evening, and decided to stop for a drink. Much to our surprise there was a band playing called Undrtow. Fun reggae music, mixed with a little blues. The crowd was great, so we decided to stay and eat. Typical Pub fare, I had a bleu burger, my wife had fish n chips. Both were good, nothing fancy. We had a really great time, and would definitely go back. It was a little noisy, so if that bothers you, you might go on a night when the band isnt playing.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Tonight we threw an impromptu birthday party for a friend. The Staff at Cecil's was very accommodating. They set up a strip of tables down the center of the room, we decorated and loaded the tables with presents. Folks with instruments began to show up and were delighted to see that their average open mic night was going to be invaded by happy family and friends of a birthday lady! Children are allowed in this establishment until 9PM, and the atmosphere is surfer/artistic. The musicians tuned up, soda was poured and when the birthday lady walked in, the place burst to life with applause and music! She was made to feel very special by everyone. We got a very talented man to give her a "lap dance" (of a family-friendly nature) while playing his mandolin, and a huge plate of spiced french fries were the BEST we have ever tasted!