“Cecil's Dirty Apron...is more of a bar than a restaurant.”
Review of Cecil's Dirty Apron - CLOSED

Cecil's Dirty Apron
Cuisines: American, Cuban, Seafood
Reviewed 5 January 2015

Newer addition to the restaurant scene in Newport. Sign outside welcomes children, but this is not really a kid friendly environment. I requested a grilled cheese sandwich, which I was told was from the childrens menu: but I never received a menu at all. The sandwich took a long time to arrive, and was a heavy glob of congealed cheddar cheese. (They do not use American cheese, which would have made a much better sandwich. Served with a good amount of fries, but they were seasoned with their special seasonings, and for hours afterwards, all I could taste was the garlic.
No milk....again: not kid friendly on any level, and not so great for adults. There was one other couple there when I visited, they were at the bar... Too Bad, I'd hoped for better...

1  Thank Janet S

Reviewed 20 December 2014 via mobile

Visiting Newport and decided to give this dive a shot, unfortunately. We ordered the bacon wrapped chicken, it came out burnt with NO bacon. The chicken was very dry and the sauce tasted like mustard with vinegar. The chicken tacos were okay although the chicken was dry again. Don't waste your time or money. Also, the atmosphere sucked and it was freezing cold. Couldn't wait to get out of there. Oh, the waitress was VERY awkward also.

Reviewed 6 September 2014

Just tried a breakfast there. It was okay - pretty much a standard omelet and fixings. Coffee was average as well. Quick service.

1  Thank rustsleeps
Reviewed 24 August 2014

It's called a rag, use it. From the highchair to the "toddler books" to the table, everything was sticky and stinky. Definitely not for children...or adults.

1  Thank Irie2012
Reviewed 13 July 2014

When we walked in and sat down it took at least 5minutes to be noticed and another 5 to receive menus. The owner was out server and had the worst attitude. He acted like we were a problem and inconveniencing him. Being rude when asked if they had regular mayo. It took at least 45 minutes for our food to come out and it came one plate at a time. Then We were not asked a single time if we needed anything else and we did not see him until we hunted him down to get our tab.we were charged $1 each for small sides of ranch and more for what was supposed to be a kids plate. The bar area seemed pretty much what his focus is on and I would never go back to eat there.

2  Thank amandapurple