“Sad to say 1st time there is my last time there!”
Review of Cecil's Dirty Apron - CLOSED

Cecil's Dirty Apron
Cuisines: American, Cuban, Seafood
Reviewed 12 January 2015 via mobile

I had heard wonderful things but my experience was disappointing. The food took 40 minutes to arrive & we were the only people eating. The fries were way too garlicky. I could smell smoke from the bar. It too the waitress 30 minutes to ask if we needed drink refills. The band was SO loud both left with headaches.

Reviewed 5 January 2015

Newer addition to the restaurant scene in Newport. Sign outside welcomes children, but this is not really a kid friendly environment. I requested a grilled cheese sandwich, which I was told was from the childrens menu: but I never received a menu at all. The sandwich took a long time to arrive, and was a heavy glob of congealed cheddar cheese. (They do not use American cheese, which would have made a much better sandwich. Served with a good amount of fries, but they were seasoned with their special seasonings, and for hours afterwards, all I could taste was the garlic.
No milk....again: not kid friendly on any level, and not so great for adults. There was one other couple there when I visited, they were at the bar... Too Bad, I'd hoped for better...

1  Thank Janet S
Reviewed 20 December 2014 via mobile

Visiting Newport and decided to give this dive a shot, unfortunately. We ordered the bacon wrapped chicken, it came out burnt with NO bacon. The chicken was very dry and the sauce tasted like mustard with vinegar. The chicken tacos were okay although the chicken was dry again. Don't waste your time or money. Also, the atmosphere sucked and it was freezing cold. Couldn't wait to get out of there. Oh, the waitress was VERY awkward also.

Reviewed 6 September 2014

Just tried a breakfast there. It was okay - pretty much a standard omelet and fixings. Coffee was average as well. Quick service.

1  Thank rustsleeps
Reviewed 24 August 2014

It's called a rag, use it. From the highchair to the "toddler books" to the table, everything was sticky and stinky. Definitely not for children...or adults.

1  Thank Irie2012