“Very good food ”

Local Ocean Seafoods
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Ocean Seafoods is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 122 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We went for late lunch today. We had a reservation and were promptly seated.
The front hostesses were nice. However the service was slow ... had to ask for water refills, had to go to the waitress stand to get sweetener for my tea... our waitress never circled back to see if we actually liked the food or if we needed anything - and then handed us a self service pay-station. Lots of room for improvement in the customer experience.
However most of the food was great. The smoked salmon soup was delicious, fish (rockfish) and chips also great and the tuna kabobs were delicious. Crab cakes good - kinda bland. I did not care for the garlic crab soup - got a big chunk of raw garlic with no water to wash it down because our waitress was MIA.
This place could easily be awesome with service improvements.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,542)

Reviewed 14 July 2018

I have ordered their "Fishwives Stew" today and I can tell you that each mouthful was accompanied by a delicious hhhmmmmm… sound. Very tasty! At the same time, I was coveting the dishes of people around me. Everything was so attractive! I wish I had much more time to spend in Newport so that I have more opportunities to go back to this restaurant. I really recommend it!

Reviewed 14 July 2018

This is not fine dining,but it is fine food. It’s very busy as it is popular, but this is well managed. Good cocktails too! Original recipes but things that sound great, so it’s difficult to pick just one thing.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Had the pleasure of having dinner at this small, but amazing place on a visit to Newport. The waiter was very helpful and made a recommendation that turned out to be perfect. Fresh seafood, prepared with lots of creativity and flavor. We shared a dish of chocolate ice cream for dessert - best I have ever enjoyed! Locals must love this place, but if you are a visitor to the Oregon Coast, this gem is a must.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Amazing FRESH seafood! Artfully presented. Blow-your-mind taste! Very fun atmosphere ~ we sat by the window with a view of the wharf. Make a reservation! Service was excellent ~ a bit exuberant, but very attentive. Prices were commiserate with the dishes. Alcohol was pricey, but they have a nice, local wine selection. We would certainly return!