“Yummy ”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Great place! Yummy chipotle shrimp tacos! Yummy chowder! Friendly quick service! We had a large party & we were seated quickly! Want to go back before we leave!

1  Thank Nomad740070
Write a ReviewReviews (1,171)

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

The food and service is always great. Good food, good pricing and good service. We always eat here on any trip to Newport.

1  Thank Dan M
Reviewed 15 July 2018

This was a great lunch stop while in Newport and close to scenic Nye Beach. I had the chowder which was delicious and my dining partner the fish and chips. Really enjoyed the meal and we liked that the potatoes were cut like "medallions". friendly service. would definitely return.

1  Thank Lynn A
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

(Opinion from two diners)
Being “regulars” around these parts, we have had the opportunity to try the food at a number of places in the area. Fish and Chips and New England style clam chowder are a big draw on the coast....so we tried them both.

The fish: The coating seemed to be corn meal (not my first choice) and the chips were medallions of potatoes. (Give me some potato CHIPS or give me French fries “chips” with a little crunch....but these seemed to be in the middle between the two.

The chowder. (I’m always in search of really good clam chowder). Chowder at a restaurant named the CHOWDER HOUSE should be good....wouldn’t you think? Not so much. It tasted CANNED!!!! Really??!!

The good news: The bread pudding and the marionberry cobbler with ice cream was both WONDERFUL and they served VERY GENEROUS PORTIONS.

I would go back for dessert but ONLY for dessert.
There are many more places in Newport with great tasting chowder and fish and chips. (Example: Georgie’s, Newport Cafe).

We were VERY disappointed. Sorry....we can honestly only give 2 stars.

2  Thank Tuxsey
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We’ve been here several times as we make a family vacation over the past several years. I generally go for the cannonball of clam chowder, which is delicious. They always have a good beer on tap, and the service is great. Really happy with this place!

1  Thank Bill B