“Fun, eclectic”

Ranked #7 of 120 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The best breakfast in town
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Great breakfast or lunch spot, near the docks. Nice view from some tables. Friendly service. Lots of coffee choices.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

While wandering Newport's waterfront, my wife and I selected the Coffee House for lunch. From the outside, it looks questionable, but obviously there are lots of customers entering and leaving, so we decided to take a chance.
We found this perfect for us, not fancy, just good honest food, prepared with skill, and served respectfully. For lunch, I ordered a breakfast, Corn Beef Hash with Eggs. I would have been willing to settle for the usual semi-greasy chunks of hash floating in potato chunks. What I received was a long platter with huge chunks of corned beef like I would expect for dinner, and home fried potatoes enough to feed an army.
The relatively fast service and huge quantity of genuinely good food almost made up for the cramped interior, but that's part of the deal. They really prepare food here, including their own pastries.
Yes, the next time I'm traveling in the vicinity of Newport, I'll be sure to get down to the Coffee House on the waterfront.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My family went here, inspired by other reviews on their breakfast sandwiches, and ended up getting a "small" pancake (these are massive, by the way), breakfast sandwiches, the parfait, and coffees. The breakfast sandwiches are huge, fresh, and super tasty! The pancake we got had the blueberry spread on it as well and is one of the better pancakes I've ever had. I absolutely loved the parfait! It was a great balance of a huge variety of fruit, tangy yogurt, granola, and raspberry syrup. And the house coffee was very good :) Portions are MASSIVE, so please consider that when ordering. Between 4 people we had enough leftovers for a very filling lunch later on that day. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

The food is fabulous. The portions are extremely large and the coffee is good. My kiddos love coming here. You need to share it’s that big. The only downside to this gem is it’s not accessible and the coffee creamer comes in tiny convenient store containers. A carafe with 1/2 & 1/2 could do wonders.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

This little coffee/cafe spot is busy! Be prepared to wait if they are busy as it is a tiny little place w/ just a few tables. If it's not too cold, you can grab a table on the covered porch as well. The portions are huge, prices are decent for the amount of food you get. The pancakes are at least 12" in diameter, if not slightly bigger and one could easily be shared between two people and you'd be stuffed. We had omelets too, that were very good, portion sizes being more than enough, coffee is super strong, with lattes, smoothies, etc available. While we didn't order any, they have a great selection of pastries as well.