“Crab cakes florentine”

Ranked #8 of 121 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The best breakfast in town
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

I will say it again Crab cakes florentine it is to die for.
I have now had it several times and over several years it is as good this time as it was the first time.
Service is good even considering how busy they are, and I feel I have to mention the coffee and latte's are better than the big S.
Go there and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We first came here in December passing thru town, and we planned our return trip to visit here again. Delicious food and enough to feed you for several meals after you leave. The photo shows the SMALL pancake!! Bring an army if you plan to finish it!!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Didn’t even realize this gem was here and so close to our hotel. Asked Siri for a breakfast place since we really wanted breakfast and it guided us here and I’m sure glad we did.
Prices are just right and you get a lot of food for your money! Chances are you may take some home. The crepes were $13 and breakfast sandwich was $9. They both were huge!!! Has expressos coffee and even a delicious green smoothie, which I had and it was great!
The creators had fresh cut up fruit and fresh real whipping cream, the raspberry compote that drizzled on the apples was delightful!
Staff was friendly and wonderful.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Great breakfast or lunch spot, near the docks. Nice view from some tables. Friendly service. Lots of coffee choices.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

While wandering Newport's waterfront, my wife and I selected the Coffee House for lunch. From the outside, it looks questionable, but obviously there are lots of customers entering and leaving, so we decided to take a chance.
We found this perfect for us, not fancy, just good honest food, prepared with skill, and served respectfully. For lunch, I ordered a breakfast, Corn Beef Hash with Eggs. I would have been willing to settle for the usual semi-greasy chunks of hash floating in potato chunks. What I received was a long platter with huge chunks of corned beef like I would expect for dinner, and home fried potatoes enough to feed an army.
The relatively fast service and huge quantity of genuinely good food almost made up for the cramped interior, but that's part of the deal. They really prepare food here, including their own pastries.
Yes, the next time I'm traveling in the vicinity of Newport, I'll be sure to get down to the Coffee House on the waterfront.