All reviews coos bay plank house bay view tower rooms place to stay shore acres nice room rv park parking lot oregon coast coffee maker bend bellman tubs boardwalk accommodations shampoo
Reviewed 20 August 2015

We stayed there two nights and I wish we could have time to stay longer. We loved our room, very clean,the beds were very comfortable, with beautiful furniture, and inspiring paintings about the Coquille Indians.
They have rooms in two different buildings, we booked by phone call, asking to be in the lower building which is along the river, and for a room with river view, and if possible first floor. We got exactly what we had wished, and were so pleased ! We loved our view from our room, on the river, and the woody hills behind. It was so nice to just step out and walk along the river, early in the morning or in the evening. Very relaxing.
We didn't use the pool but enjoyed the jaccusi area which is outdoors, for sunbathing.
The casino is adjacent to the hotel, that was so handy.
We had a dinner (they open at 5pm) and a breakfast at the Plank House, and were very pleased with each of them. Service was fast and food was pretty good.
They have an other smaller place for breakfast, we went there on our last morning, that was cheap, complimentary coffee, and excellent donuts !!
We also tried Warehouse 101, food was average but OK.
They have an ATM , and a nice little store for souvenirs.
Parking was very easy with a large outdoor parking lot in front of the hotel.
That's definitively a place where we'll come back next time we'll be in Oregon !!!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank CathyAnne
Suzann_Anaya, Director of Hotel Operations at The Mill Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2015

Dear Cathy Anne,

Thank you for writing such a marvelous review of our property. The best part was reading that we were able to make all of your dreams come true during your visit with us. I’ll look forward to you coming to stay with us again in the near future!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

My wife and I visit the mill often and love the hotel and the service we get there. The only down fall about this hotel is the quality of food they offer in their restaurants. Each time we visit we keep telling ourself that the food has got to be better than the last but it never is. Enjoy the rooms, pool, hot tub and casino but stay far away from the Plank House restaurant

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Suzann_Anaya, Director of Hotel Operations at The Mill Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2015

Dear Mike G,

Thank you for reviewing our entire property. We appreciate all types of feedback, and it was heartwarming to read that you enjoy the services you receive at our hotel when you are our guest. I am always glad to read that guests enjoy our pool and hot tubs, they are a terrific way to relax during your visit.

I am sorry to hear that our restaurants have not impressed you. If you would like to discuss the particulars of your experience in the restaurants, please contact our Food & Beverage Director at Gduerfeldt@themillcasino.com. He would appreciate hearing your feedback directly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2015

The Hotel Rooms have a Northwest Decor which is very appropriate. The restaurant has a wonderful view of the bay and the food and service were very good. The casino has a nice variety of slots and if you like to play the slots this is as good as any.

Room Tip: Try for a Bayside rather than Parking lot view
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Dealnavigator,

I am glad that you had a fun time while you were here. Thank you for taking time to write this review for us. I hope we see you again very soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2015

Wonderful hotel and staff- when I got home I found a 25$ chip from the casino- I sent it back to the hotel to ask if they could cash it for me- within 2 weeks they sent me the 25$ cash! Now that is customer service!!!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank michelle p
Suzann_Anaya, Director of Hotel Operations at The Mill Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

Dear Michelle P,

I am glad we were able to get your money back to you. For the record, we think our guests are amazing too! Come see us again the next time you visit the West Coast.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2015

Went to the Mill for anniversary as a family. Front desk gave us comp bottle of champagne. Very nice. The view from the room was very nice, looking out at the bay. The room was not the cleanest. Carpet had large stains, walls had drip marks from something spilling down them, the bathroom door had white goo running down it, and there was someone 's hair on the rubber bathtub mat. Tried to go to Timbers cafe to eat, but they would not allow 16 year old in, since restaurant is in the casino. Only options to eat were the higher priced restaurants. 2nd night of stay, I severely injured my knee tripping in the room. Husband called front desk for a wheel chair to take me to the ER and was told they would call us back. Hubby had to go to front desk and then security (1st responders) came to the room. Because we chose to drive me to the ER instead by ambulance , they made me sign a refusal of treatment form. Security assured us there would be a wheelchair available when we came back from ER. That was a nightmare, but not the hotels fault. When we came back, front desk said there were no wheelchairs available and didn't know what to do. We waited in the driveway for about 30 minutes before someone showed up with a wheelchair so I could get to the room. Security again advised that there would be a wheelchair available the next morning when we checked out so we could go home. I could not put any weight on my leg as there was a tear in my knee. Called front desk and again advised there was no wheelchair. Husband had to go to front desk and speak to manager so we could get a wheelchair, so we could leave. I just wanted to go home at this point.
Stopped at the front desk when checking out and advised the manager that they should not tell guests that they will do something when they don't. I had been advised numerous times that a wheelchair would be available when it was not. The manager's response was that they would comp our breakfast, yet this was at noon and we just wanted to go home. She didn't seem very sympathetic about me hurting myself on their property.
We will never go back there again. If you do decide to go there, just don't get injured.

Room Tip: You want Bay view
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Liesa M

Dear Ljbrat61,

Thank you for visiting our casino & hotel during your anniversary. I am sorry that your visit was not the holiday you had hoped for.

I have reviewed the situation with the Front Office Manager and the Security Director and have a clear understanding of what occurred. I am sorry for the wait that you had for a wheelchair, I can imagine how frustrating that would be after a long visit to the emergency room.
Please know that guests’ safety, security and room cleanliness are our top priorities at The Mill. I offer my earnest apology that we did not meet your expectations on this visit.

Most sincerely,