“Comfort and Hospitality”

and 1 more site!
The Mill Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in North Bend
Reviewed 12 January 2018

When I visit family in the Coos Bay/North Bend The Mill Casino Hotel is where I stay.

I had comped rooms from casino play this visit. They surprised me with the room I received. This room was off the charts, a balcony, the largest bathroom I have ever been in, biggest walk in shower, leather furniture, and many other amenities.
I choose this hotel because all employees are genuine, friendly and enthusiastic about making sure I enjoy my stay.

Just about everything on the menu I have eaten at the Plank House Restaurant is the best freshest and best tasting I have had anywhere in Oregon. The portions are huge. Seriously, you have to try out breakfasts for sure. Be careful about ordering the chicken fried steak. It is almost the size of a dinner plate. Same with the ham steak. Make sure you ask for a table that Mari serves. She is incredibly friendly and accommodating.

I have much more positive info I could add, but I think you get the idea.

The only issue I can think of regarding staff is security. They seem to take themselves very seriously. Good luck getting a smile, eye contact, or acknowledgement that you exist. I was sitting next to a guy on a recent trip that won a $1,500.00+ jackpot. While he was waiting for the hand pay he tried to use his cell phone to take a pic of the slot machine jackpot pop-up to share with family and friends. A gruff security person sternly told him he could take no pictures. He asked why and was told it was against the rules and to put the phone away now. I spoke up and said the slot machine isn't even running, he wants to share that people can win on slots here. The security guy said again more loudly to put the phone away. What a way to kill the moment.

This trip one almost ran me over as he exited the elevator, I said how's it going? He ignored me as if I wasn't even there. The reason this makes an impression on me is because those attitudes are inconsistent with the friendly, welcoming atmosphere provided by all the other employees. C'mon people, you are security guards within the hospitality industry, not the President's Secret Service Agents.

Room Tip: Try to get a bay view room. The alternative is a parking lot view. Good luck parking near the hotel...
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Suzann_Anaya, Director of Hotel Operations at The Mill Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear Nommel,

The pictures you posted were fabulous! Thank you for sharing your experience with our Trip Advisor community! I am so happy that you were pleased with the upgrade to a suite as well as the genuine service you received from the hotel and restaurants.
Please be assured that I have shared your comments about your interaction with our security team with their department director. We always want our guests to be treated kindly and with respect. I am sure there will be some additional training to make certain we achieve that in the future.

Very sincerely,

Reviewed 31 December 2017

After we had to wing it we decided to stay at The Mill Casino because we had never been here before.
Making reservations were easy!
Upon arriving the staff up front honored my Veterans status and gave us a generous discount on lodging while also upgrading us to a bay view for free. So we decided to stay two nights for there generosity.
The rooms are rustic. the beds are cozy. Could use new comforters though.
Wonderful view!
Quiet rooms.
Great staff!
We did not gamble but we did check out the local restaurants inside and chose on the Planktown. (review on there page)
We enjoyed the hot tubs as well which after 10pm is for adults only but never ran in to kiddos at all being a casino.
Room Service and Cleaning was respectable and always had amenities replenished.

Room Tip: If you want a bay view go 320 or higher. we were in 325
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WarrenofWilderness

Dear WarrenofWilderness,

First and foremost, thank you for being a Veteran, and thank you for your service to our Country, and Happy New Year to you! I am glad that you spent your New Year’s holiday with us, and that you enjoyed your visit. Since you only live a couple of hours away, I am hoping that you decide to come back and visit us again very soon!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Check in was quick and the staff was friendly. I stayed there for several days. The bed slept well. The room was quiet for the most part. Housekeeping did a great job of keeping room clean and well stocked. The Plank house restaurant food was good, service was borderline horrible, and everything was overpriced. The Saw Blade buffet was about average for a PNW casino buffet. Timbers cafe food was reasonably priced and good but service was awful. Warehouse 101 bar had good service but lackluster food on a weekenight.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Suzann_Anaya, Director of Hotel Operations at The Mill Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear Lorin M,
Thank you for the kind comments on your recent visit to our hotel. We are so proud of the team here; they work hard to make your stay pleasant, and enjoy serving guests, such as you, every day. It may be interesting to you to know that our mattresses are made in Oregon, and purchased locally, we love them too!
Your observations about the restaurants will be shared with the food & beverage department. I am certain they will benefit from your comments, and will take them as an opportunity to improve service in those areas.
Thank you again for sharing your review with us, we appreciate the feedback!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 16 December 2017

As my title says I am uncertain how I feel about the Mill.

The good. Tower rooms are very nice well decorated, floor to ceiling windows on the exterior wall, which means your view may be dependent on which side of the building and what floor you are on. They are a bit on the pricey side, but you can get a discount if you are part of their players club.

The rooms are tidy and well appointed, bed is comfortable, and easy chair and desk, a nice television for viewing, walk in shower and nice vanity area, even a safe in the wardrobe closet.

The comsi comsa - I like to play in the casino. They have a good variety of machines and it's a nice atmosphere for a casino. They also have table games, but I'll address that later.

The dining options are limited. I've tried the Plankhouse which I found the menu to be uninspired, the food mediocre, and everything over priced. Service was fine. Warehouse 101 had a menu that was basic bar food, and frankly just so-so. In fact I was considering ordering a "poutine", but was urged to steer clear by the bartender who said it wasn't what I would expect from a poutine, it was essentially fries with nacho cheese sauce. I went for the chicken sandwich. I would describe as just okay, no more, no less.

The Bad- As I mentioned they have tables games. The card games are fine, but they only have a half crap table. Something I've never seen at another casion. The other issue for me, is that if you vape, you can't do it at the tables. This is the only casino I have ever been in that has this policy. So I refuse to play tables here, I find it frankly, inhospitable.

Bottom line the Hotel? Great. But all the other shortcomings of the property drag down the experience. It's fine for business travel for one night, but for a weekend getaway there are other options.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level tower room for the best view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Gregory M,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our property. It is good to read that you are very satisfied with the hotel amenities, and I hope that because of this you will return.
I have shared your observations about dining and table games with the directors that oversee those departments. I think your critiques are well stated, and give us a good view of your perspective.
Please do consider returning, we would love to have you back!

Most sincerely,

Reviewed 7 December 2017

The Mill Casino Hotel is a must to stay at. Very clean. The staff is wonderful. Very accommodating staff. The Plank Restaurant is a must to eat at. The price maybe a little high, but the quantity of food you get is amazing and a lot.

Stayed: November 2017

Dear Porkystoy,
Thank you for being a recent guest at our hotel. The housekeepers who work here are some of the best in Oregon, and take great pride in the cleanliness of the rooms, thanks for noticing! I’m also glad to read that you ate and enjoyed your meal in the Plankhouse restaurant. I hope you find an opportunity to return again very soon, the lights at Shore Acres might be the perfect excuse to drive back over here.
Best wishes!

Itty Bitty Inn
#2 of 4 in North Bend
7.6 km away
Plainview Motel & RV Park

Been to The Mill Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!