“great stop in Oakland”

Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Oakland
Price range: US$0 - US$36
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tolly's is located in a historic brick building built in 1872. It originally housed the towns drug store and mercantile. As you walk into the restaurant you immediately feel as though you have gone back in time to another era. Local art lines the walls and there are cabinets and displays of antiques throughout the entire facility. We have an antique soda fountain circa 1901 that was recently refurbished and is functional. The bar has a back bar originally built in 1910, there is an 1885 Bosendorffer concert grand piano, 1 of only 3 not in a museum, piano music is played for diners Friday and Saturday evenings. Outside we have beautiful patio, gardens and Koi pond. Hope to see you for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We went to Roseburg to pick up one of our grandkids and asked where everyone wanted to eat and my wife said she'd been wanting to go to Tolly's. I'm glad we did. The boys had a grilled cheese and the chicken. Both with fries. We also had the french dip, reuben and I had the spicy ham sandwich, finishing off with a chocolate malt. Initially, the our waitress seamed a little cool, but warmed up nicely. Great decor, good food. We will be back.

1  Thank Enjoying_living

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Passed by Tolly's highway sign multiple times while traveling for work. Had often contemplated turning off to see where the narrow road heading into the rural area off the highway led. Decided this was the weekend, so I headed south with my family to find out what Tolly's really was. We pulled into a small historic town and parked in front of the restaurant. We walked inside the historic building and found ourselves surrounded by a beautiful wood and cloth dining room, soda shop, attached to an elaborate old bar.
The service was sterling, the food was very good and our banana split dessert was the finishing touch. Loved walking through this beautiful business and continued as we explored the little township a bit before finding our next destination.
Thank you to the team operating this establishment, as they will likely keep us driving the 70+ miles to enjoy another visit.

1  Thank Mi3aaanb
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Saw an ad for this, drove from Springfield, Or, took a neighbor kid with me. Gorgeous interior, super friendly crew, tasty generous portions, comfy seating, just plain cute and fun to be in. Tiny street of mostly antique shops and closed buildings in a tiny, old town, get off at exit 140 and follow road over one way bridge (stop for light), roll into town, 2nd street is Locust, turn and it is almost on the corner, look for the green awning. Gonna surprise my other family members and make trips back there. It is a feast for the eyes, I tell you, the candy bins, the carousel horses, the skylight, the chandelier, the ice cream bar...just go, and be happy!

3  Thank Cindy S
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is cute, with a lot of old charm. The burgers were delicious, however, my fries were overdone and the service was NOT stellar.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

We were visiting family in Oakland and had just been wine tasting in the area. As we looked for restaurants, Tolly's was one of the few places open on a Sunday. Because we were there with family, they knew the servers and we were treated with care. The food was pretty good, not great. We each enjoyed salads, parmesan garlic fries, apps and entrees. We didn't have shakes, but they said they were delicious. The restaurant itself is worth seeing, as it still has the old lunch counter, and an upper level in the back with winged back chairs to sit at. The bar reminded me of what you'd see in an old western movie, and the brick from the old building was a great environment in an old, small town. I'm sure it would be busier on a different night, but we enjoyed our quiet space at Tolly's and would go back!

1  Thank JennJ15