Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Hotels
Mange2teTA
Durham, North Carolina

Exceptional Service

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 Dec 2023
Exceptional service at breakfast (both in the restaurant and the club). Pedro, in particular, was so lovely, personable and super helpful. The room was well appointed--only feedback is that our hallway was SUPER hot. When we visit Portland again, this is the spot.
Date of stay: December 2023
    RM 489
0.7 km from The Bidwell Marriott Portland
View more hotels in Portland
1,116 results
All reviews great location high horse front desk pioneer square valet parking corner room within walking distance per day the pearl two blocks valet service very nice hotel powell's books hotel restaurant voodoo donuts tyler lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 November 2023

Did a spontaneous road trip down to Portland and got a great deal at The Bidwell.
Super easy to access from the highway for someone not familiar with Portland.

Only parking option was valet which made us a tad nervous as you never know who will handle you car but after walking around Portland for 2 days – we would not know where to park the car ourselves. All was great with the valet.

As a Marriott elite member, we were given a very beautiful upgrade – thank you.

Check in was a breeze, amenities explained well and the front staff was super friendly.

Hotel has a very cool vibe, I loved the colours and décor.

Housekeeping does a great job, everything felt fresh and crisp.

The M Club had a cool attendant, He started a few months ago (Hello NYC) and was super attentive to guests’ needs. Note, no evening appies available, that would have made it perfect.

We ate our first dinner in the hotel’s restaurant and were blown away by the food and cocktails. Outstanding! The braised short rib pasta was to die for.

I know the hotel’s green, but I just didn’t like the idea of that empty water bottle we could fill with water. If there was a dishwasher where I could have run it through before I use it, I might have tried it, but I am not just using any random bottle. It’s like drinking out of the water glasses in a hotel’s bathroom, you just can’t do that 😊

The location was perfect if you didn’t want to touch the car at all. We got great recommendations from the front desk where to go and walked all over town.

I checked out a few other Marriott properties I had considered and this one has by far the best location.

Portland has some challenges with drugs and homeless people, but as Vancouverites this seemed very tame to us. Never felt unsafe at all and we walked everywhere, even in the evening. The hotel is in a good spot.

When we come back to Portland, we will definitely pick the Bidwell again.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2023 via mobile

The Bidwell is a modern hotel in downtown Portland. The hotel itself has a contemporary vibe, furnishings are new and hip. The staff were super friendly, from check-in to parking valet. We booked a room with club access and we were very glad we did. Our corner room on one of the top floors had a stunning view of Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens. The club offered a complimentary full hot breakfast of eggs, breakfast meat, potatoes, plus chocolate croissants that were so fresh and delicious! A highlight was the club servers Pedro and Cori who were attentive and engaging. Pedro offered tips on the best tea brand (Smith’s) and his personal favorites (Portland Breakfast and Chamomile). The hotel location was excellent for walking to the West Coast’s last remaining Muji emporium, the flagship Nike store, and the Japanese specialty shops Kokoro for kitchenware/foods and Kiriko, a clothing boutique with a large collection of goods featuring the traditional patterns of the indigenous Ainu of northern Japan (Portland is sister cities with Sapporo in Hokkaido). Lots of gourmet food choices within walking distance. Highly recommend! Photo is of Portland Japanese Garden in fall. Spectacular colors!

Room tip: Parking is valet only but very efficient.
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2023

This is the second time my friends & I have stayed at the Bidwell while in Portland in the last few months & we will definitely be back! This hotel is truly a gem. We love everything about this hotel…the location, the beautiful clean cozy rooms, the cool vibe, the great restaurant (The High Horse). I can’t say enough about the fabulous people who work here!! Levi & Alex at the front desk, Ian the manager & Vu who does valet…they are a great crew who went out of their way to make our stay such a fun & pleasant one. This is a must stay if you are in Portland.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2023

My friend and I absolutely loved our stay here. She had stayed in the hotel before its renovation and was a bit stunned at the changes, but it looks elegant and modern. 20th floor room had great views over downtown. Love that it's now a "Green Hotel." Staff super-helpful and friendly. They are still slowly adding hours at the restaurant, but there are tons of places nearby for excellent meals. Try the boulamgerie across the street! Will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2023

I staid at the Bidwell while my home was having some work done. I booked a locals package that included an additional food and beverage credit and valet parking. Upon arrival, I parked outside the hotel and there was no valet. I waited for a few minutes and nothing. I grabbed my bags, locked my car and walked inside to find the valet at a stand inside looking at their phone. They took my keys and issued me a tag and said 20-30 minutes to collect the car. I then waited in line for 30 minutes while the two people in front of me also waited to be checked in. When I finally reached the desk, the associate was unfamiliar with the package and the Bonvoy program and couldn't a) offer any of the benefits b) said I was ineligible for the elite lounge as a platinum c) would be charged for parking and d) would somehow not be charged the resort/ammenity fee (spoiler: I was). They also denied the extra food and beverage credit advertised in their package and included in my reservation email.

During the first night of my stay my Amex account kept notifying me of miscellaneous charges to my account in 20 to 30 increments, 6+ hours after checkin. I asked the front desk who indicated they made no charges and spent two hours with amex trying to cancel the charges till 1 am in the morning. The bar was short staffed at dinner and at breakfast and the poor staff was rushing around. They offered me a spoon and knife both times due to a lack of clean forks. They also ran out of paper napkins at breakfast as well.

Checking out, it took 45 minutes to get my car because the person in front of me refused to go back to their hotel room to get their valet ticket, which resulted in the valet trying to politely tell the they could not just hand over the keys (alternatively, the valet asked for their ID and they refused that too), so I had to wait while they argued to get my car. At $55 dollars a day, the valet service is a sham - if not under-serviced, then ill-equipped to handle these issues.

I'm still working with my credit card company to resolve improper charges for a one night stay. Never again.

Room tip: You will not receive an upgrade as a Marriott Elite
Date of stay: September 2023
1  Thank Tyler W
Jacob Wright, General Manager at The Bidwell Marriott Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2023

Dear Tyler W, I am so sorry to read about your experience. This is very disappointing and well below our expectations. I would love the opportunity to directly connect with you to talk through your stay with us and how to make this right. Please contact me at jacob.wright@thebidwell.com when you have an opportunity.