All reviews courtyard marriott front desk lloyd center moda center valet parking full service restaurant street parking across the river light rail few blocks public transportation hotel restaurant shuttle service convenient location free shuttle magdalena downtown
Reviewed 29 June 2016

Although the room was a little dated and the workout facilities could have been expanded, the excellent staff more than offset these slight inconveniences. Every staff member - from the front desk to those cleaning my room to the driver of the courtesy shuttle - were wonderful. Polite, helpful, attentive. Everyone. It was a pleasant experience which was important given the nine days I was there for business. Other side of the river from downtown but extremely convenient to the Convention Center and a quick two blocks from the light rail. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Eric P, Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2016

Thank you for the kind words you posted on Tripadvisor. Our number one goal is to provide great service to all of our guests. I can see from your comments that we accomplished that goal during your stay. I hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

I had a one week stay here in May and another one week stay in June. I cannot believe that in all that time everything was perfect. But it was. The rooms were perfect. The staff was super friendly. The meeting rooms were exactly what we needed and the staff attending to them were perfect. The restaurant in the hotel and recommendations they made for Italian, Southern, Thai, Latin cuisines were flawless. Thank you Siera, Tim, Ryan, Clinton, Tigist and the entire crew. (Sorry if I got any names wrong). One of my staff was so grateful he brought flowers to the staff. So, yes, they were that good.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank NYCEthan
Eric P, Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Thank you for the kind words you posted on Tripadvisor. I will personally thank the staff for a job well done. I hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

The hotel is about 3 blocks from the convention center. The rooms are spacious and the service is wonderful. There is a courtesy shuttle that will take you anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel.

My one complaint -- the restaurant in the hotel closes at 1:30 for lunch and doesn't open again until 5 for dinner.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write about us on Tripadvisor. We hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

This is an older hotel on the east side of the river near downtown. The inside of the hotel is nice and the rooms are clean smelling and the beds are comfortable. We didn't drive so I'm not sure about parking fees. There is valet parking available for $25. Full breakfast buffet is $16/each.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Eric P, Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write about the hotel on Tripadvisor. The hotel was built about 18 years ago and has since been remodeled multiple times. The lobby was most recently remodeled a little over two years ago. You are correct about the Valet parking charge of $25. We do have a breakfast buffet but there is also a menu you can order from if you do not want the full buffet. We hope that the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

Pretty much what you'd expect. It does have a nice bar and full service restaurant. The restaurant is way understaffed. Long waits for everything. It's near a Trimet stop so transportation to and from the airport is easy.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel on Tripadvisor. The hotel is conveniently located 3 blocks from the Light rail and a few blocks from the street car as well. I apologize about the wait you had when you went to our restaurant. I hope the next time you are in the area you will come and stay with us again and give the restaurant another chance to impress you with their great service and food.