“Exquisite Respite”
Review of The DragonTree

The DragonTree
Ranked #3 of 55 Spas & Wellness in Portland
Reviewed 12 May 2016

Dragontree Spa is my new MUST-DO destination when I am in Portland! I am pretty "experienced" with spa treatments and I must say this visit was amazing. The spa is not too large, and the amount of people in the sauna or locker room at once was zero to minimal. It was not over-crowded at all. I had the sauna to myself for 45 minutes on a Saturday before Mother's Day even!

Jolene was my massage therapist for a "Muscle Melt" 90 minute massage. INCREDIBLE how she worked SLOWLY and deeply on my knotted trapezius etc! The treatment uses a Dragontree-made Liniment with essential oils and herbal extracts that was applied to specific locations. One of the best massages of all time for me!

Jennifer performed a mini-facial and as far as facials go this was again an all-time favorite! She was very generous with her hands-on approach with lots of gentle massage~not just applying product and hot towels like some facials.

The Dragontree-made lotions, scrubs, soaps, massage oils etc are super yummy and amazingly creative as far as the essential oil blends used. Balance lotion is vanilla, black pepper and cardamon and Uplift is Rosemary, basil and peppermint for example! I bought more than a few products to take the experience home with me!

I am in love with Dragontree and am conspiring on how to get back to Portland to go~even longer this time! You will be so glad you did!

1  Thank OrygunTennismom
in 2 reviews
"acting"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

At the PDX airport they are never open when I fly in or out. They open at 9:00 am and close at. 8:00 pm. Fine for local fliers but. not for coast to coast fliers. PDX is becoming a major airport. At this time I will not recommend.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

I booked a girls day at the spa for a friend and myself. I told them that I was treating her and I would drop her off, run some errands then meet up with her in the spa. She was treated very well and had a fantastic experience. I on the other hand was treated very poorly. When I arrived I was told that I could sit in the waiting room even though my friend was sitting in the spa waiting for me. It wasn't until I pressed them to sit with my friends that they said, "well you can go in there to meet your friend." When I asked about getting a robe and slippers like my friend I was told that I didn't need them for the treatment I was getting. Their tone implied that I was not getting an expensive enough treatment to warrant a robe and slippers. I sat with my friend in my street clothes for a bit, but it felt very uncomfortable and my friend wanted the two of us to go in the sauna. I asked about going in the sauna and getting a robe and I was told that there would be a $10 fee. I said "fine" and I was fairly rudely given a robe and key. My friend and I had a nice visit in the sauna, we were taken for our foot massages, foot baths, and spa lunch which were all fantastic. My total bill for the day came to about $250, so I believe for that amount of money they should have treated me much better, and they should have had the common courtesy to shut the curtain between the front desk and the spa seating area so we didn't hear every word spoken at the front desk. Despite the amazing massages we received, I will be taking our next girl's day to someplace where we will be treated better and have a higher caliber ambiance.

5  Thank PDXMomma
Reviewed 3 June 2015

Being a spa owner myself I was truly impressed with The Dragontree Day Spa. My talented therapist Anchi had a wonderful energy about her and seemed quite genuine.
The Spa itself was nicely laid out and very relaxing. The only flaw that I noticed was the spa attendant that was cleaning and restocking the locker room. She was quite noisy in her efforts to pick up linen and tidy the room. She was quick though so it didn't take away too much of the serene environment. Thank you and well done Dragontree!!

2  Thank Alaska1313