Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$234
PricelineUS$229
FindHotelUS$231
Lol.travelUS$234
1,154 results
All reviews jack rabbit front desk huge tv espresso machine great hotel lobby bar heart of downtown self parking business trip room service pioneer square happy hour location was perfect would definitely stay here again top floor easy access light rail
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2021

We stayed here late may of 2021 when multnomah county is low risk and many folks have been vaccinated. Poor communication prior to arrival and during. I had called the morning of and also messaged through the app asking questions about parking and no one ever responded. When we got there lo and behold we hadn’t parked in the correct garage based on what we paid for even though it’s literally attached to the hotel and not clear at all. We saw several guests in the same boat. No restaurants are open and there’s no in room dining just prepackaged cafeteria food that is extremely overpriced. Had we been staying here when the pandemic first started OK I give all of this a pass and understand the limitations but based on when we have stayed the amenities are lacking severely for what you pay for. There are many other great options in Portland to stay. I have travelled to a couple of different places in the last month and had a much better experience even during Covid.

1  Thank 652AmandaG
Reviewed 1 June 2021

Pictures on website are way better than in reality. Dirty elevators, mediocre rooms, way under staffed front desk. No valet option, restaurant and bar closed. Overall mediocre at best. Location is the only thing this hotel has going for it.

Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

Redefining luxury? Yes indeed they have, as a mediocre 2 star hotel billed as 4 star. What a disappointment... everything is "off" about the place. Top floor "superior" room with king bed, suppose to be nicest rooms; nope. Small, skinny room with queen bed instead of king. Pet Friendly hotel; nope not at all. They have a large outdoor patio on the 11th floor where they could have very easily made a dog potty area, but instead they have none. Instead there is only 1 tree outside the hotel where there is no grate around it due to it bulging roots, for all the dogs to use. Convenient parking? Nope. Well certainly not the way it was presented. When I checked in, I was asked If I want hotel parking so I said yes. Turns out it's a half a block down the street Okay not far, but since it's usually raining in Portland, a pain. Plus, for hotel that thinks it's luxury, wake up call...that is not luxury. Turns out the parking is in the abandoned original Hilton and the parking is boarded up at night, due to the Portland riots. So I guess if you want your car after 10:00 p.m. you're just out of luck. The worst part is coming back from dinner We saw that there was a corridor behind the check-in desk the led to elevators to parking. Turns out that parking is by a private entity but it is connected to the hotel. why in the world the front desk didn't give me this option when I checked in, I do not know.
I inquired about it and found a cost only $5 an hour so I will be shifting to that garage tomorrow.
Fancy restaurant in the in the lobby ran by a famous chef. Nope. Due to COVID, they're famous jackrabbit restaurant is still closed in spite of many other Portland restaurants being open

What a let down this hotel has been. If we didn't have other people meeting us here tomorrow I would certainly change hotels.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2021

Hello,

Sunday May 16th at 3pm my family of 4 and I returned back to the Duniway hotel and went up to our room 1862 on the 18th floor so we could pack up our things and all change into our swim suits in order to make the 4pm pool reservation we had before we ended our stay. It was our daughter Rubys 7th birthday and the pool reservation was made specifically to ensure she got this pre planned 45 minute time-slotted treat for her special day. When we got up to our room and tried to enter, the card key no longer worked. We had a 5pm check out given to us by management due to the 4pm pool reservation so the key should not have been turned off yet.  We figured there was probably a miscommunication about check out time so I said I would justi go back down to the front real quick and get a working room key card.
I went back to our floors elevator area and got into the first elevator that opened which was the far left of the three available. I pressed the 1st floor button and the doors closed shut like normal. I waited for the elevator to begin moving down as it should, but it didn’t move. Confused, I looked up at the floor number counter display and it still said floor number 18 and wasn’t moving like it should have been. I stood there waiting for around 10 seconds, increasingly realizing there was something wrong going on and trying not to panic.  All of a sudden the elevator goes completely pitch black and I am in total darkness, I could not even see the elevator buttons themselves let alone identify what any of them said, there was no light around the buttons to illuminate them either. The doors remained shut. I was trapped inside the elevator. I started yelling Hello! Help! over and over loudly since I knew my family was right down the hall and probably could hear me if I yelled for them. They came over once they heard me and I said I am trapped in here what is happening?! My husband Jason started pushing the elevator buttons to try to see if it would work to open the elevator I was in and it luckily worked and opened my door to let me out.
It made no sense what had just happened, I have never experienced an elevator malfunction in my life and since my husband was right there to help me I didn’t really have time to dwell on what I would have done if he had not been there.
I still needed to get a working room key l so said I guess I’m going to have to take the stairs down and get it that way. I had no idea how long it might take someone to bring one up so that was the only choice. Once I got to the stairwell I started to go down the 18 floors as fast as I safely could knowing our time constraints with the pool reservation and it being very important to our daughter. It was hot and when I finished the 18 flights of stairs I was over heated and panting. Once I finally got to the front desk I explained to the woman employee (she was the only staff present) why I was out of breath and sweating, telling her I had just taken the stairs all the way down from the 18th floor. I told her that was because the elevator on my floor had just malfunctioned with me inside it and that is was really scary but that my husband who was nearby had heard me and pushed the button and that worked to get me out. I explained the details of what happened inside the elevator as best I could and she said she was sorry and she asked if I wanted a water. She said the other elevators were working fine as far as she knew and she would tell someone what happened with mine. I explained about our room key not working which is why I had to come down to begin with and that my family was now waiting for me.  She gave me a working room key and assured me again that the other elevators were fine so I went ahead and took the middle elevator in the lobby back up to the 18th floor without a problem.
When back in the room all together we talked about how the elevator doing what it did was so strange and how we didn’t know why that would happen so randomly when we had been using it for the 2 days we were there.  As we were getting ready to head out of the room my daughter Ruby told us that she didn’t want to take the elevator at all anymore, that she was scared about it because it had trapped me. I understood her feeling worried but I assured her it would be ok and that it was not going to happen again but she was still really fearful and hesitant. I told her we are on the 18th floor and I was too tired to do another 18 flights of stairs after already doing one round less than an hr ago. I said I told the front what happened and they have checked on it and wouldn’t let people keep riding an elevator that shouldn’t be ridden and it would be ok. It was her birthday and she was going to be ok and we were going to get to do what she had really been wanting to do all day, go to the pool!
Jason and our son Ryder left the room about 10 minutes ahead of when Ruby and I did so they could take our bags to the parking garage and then meet us on the 11th floor at the pool. Ruby and I needed to go down to the lobby first to get the pool key since they wont give it out prior to reservation time. When we got to the elevator area and pressed the button the only elevator that would open out of the three available was the far left one that had messed up on me earlier. We were not going to take that specific elevator no matter what because that would have been traumatic for her since she had already seen what it did to me and she refused to go in it, so when it opened we waited for the door to close then pressed the button again to try for another elevator to open but each time the far left was the only one that would open. That scared my daughter more and made me concerned as well- Im not familiar with how elevator systems work in detail and wouldn’t know for sure whether or not that was normal, but I do know for sure that they shouldn’t trap you inside and that specific one had already done exactly that today so I said ok we have no other choice we have to take the stairs. It was now 4pm and this was supposed to be the best part of her day but because of the hotels malfunctioning elevator she was fearful and sad instead as we headed there.  We took the stairs down the 18 flights.
I had now done 36 flights of stairs within an hr timespan inside a hot stairwell on an 80 degree day where I had already been active in the heat for many hours prior in the day. This was supposed to be the down time/relaxing part of our daughters bday celebration but instead it was physically exhausting and had us questioning our safety while at this hotel, which is an experience I have never encountered in all of the times I have ever vacationed or visited a
hotel whether it was domestic or foreign.
We finally got to the end of the stairs and entered the lobby and the same woman from before is at the front. I tell her the malfunctioning far left elevator on the 18th floor is the only one that would open for us which is is the one that had trapped me earlier and since there has been no communication to my room letting me know that elevator is fixed or any update to the situation that happened to me, I had to take the stairs so that me and my daughter felt safe. She says ok and she is going to tell someone to check it out. I am completely covered in sweat and dehydrated and am nearing a point of becoming delirious when all I am trying to do is get my daughter to the pool on her birthday and she is now completely scared of the elevator and does NOT want to take it but I physically can not do another 11 flights of stairs back up to the floor where the pool is without feeling like I am going to pass out.  We have already started to cut into her 45 minutes at this point so she gives us the pool key and assures me the other elevators are fine.
Knowing that my husband and son didn’t have an issue since I would have heard from them by now if that was the case, I tell Ruby we need to do this to get to the pool even though she doesn’t want to. I am coaxing Ruby the entire time we walk over to the lobby elevators reminding her the front desk woman said it’s fine and we can trust them. She does not want to get in and I hate to see her so reluctant to trust in the safety of an elevator because she enjoyed the experience of using an elevator prior to  her witnessing what happened to me just an hr ago.
We go over to the lobby elevators and I press the button to open one and the elevator on the far left is the one that opens and Ruby will not get on it, and I won’t make her. I ask the front desk woman if she could come over to the elevators and just check that everything looks good, so my daughter feels safe enough to get on one that is not the far left choice. She comes over and presses the button and says things look good and the middle one opens and we get inside of it with my daughter almost in tears.
I really believed there was no way it would happen  again or I never ever would have put her on that elevator. I promised her that she is safe and remind her she is about to get to play in the pool finally for her bday!
I press the 11th floor button and the door closes shut. We stand there silently waiting for the elevator to start moving and the floor numbers to change. We stand there in silence for the longest moments of my life as they do NOT change as they should, realization sinking in that it’s happening again. It’s happening again and she just said it wouldn’t happen. That must mean there is something very wrong. That means we are now potentially in a lot of danger now. Otherwise why would they be telling a women who has just had this frightening experience happen to her that it won’t happen again? Why would they tell a frightened child to get on board if there was a question of whether what had happened earlier had been problem solved? Why would they allow us to assume that risk again when our emotional distress was at stake? This is how they treat their guests? They have no interest in making safety a priority? Is this real?
The number continues to not change and then elevator goes pitch black just like before. This is the moment I keep replaying over and over in my head. It’s almost too much for me to bear when I think of the pressure inside my heart, body and mind in that moment as I fully absorbed that what I just promised my daughter would not happen, is happening. It’s something that is terrifying to her on its own but also especially to me in this moment because I now realize what happened earlier was not just a one time thing that I can brush off as a lucky escape from a freak occurrence.
The level that our fear reached right then was trauma.  We had paid almost $300.00 to stay one night at this hotel and the experience we were going to walk away with was going to be this one. On my daughters 7th birthday. When that light went out and complete darkness hit us we both let out screams that were made of complete and utter panic, so deafening that I still hear them in my mind and wince in pain.
I had no idea was going to happen next. I had no idea if the elevator had moved or hadn’t moved, if anyone could hear us or not hear us, the darkness and the panic had taken normal senses away to an extent but I did have my phone in my hand so I call my husband and my 14 year old son Ryder answers it, I can barely speak but he understands what is happening because they had been waiting for us on the 11th floor to get there and they heard my screams so they are hitting the buttons on the outside again like before hoping this works like it had but they have no idea because this time we started on the 1st floor and they are on the 11th so they don’t even know if we have/will come up to them since the last time the elevator didn’t actually move anywhere, it just stayed on the same floor where he already was. They had their own panic experience at that moment that will stay with them, hearing my and my daughters screaming and not knowing whether they could help us but trying to do whatever they can in those moments.
Thank God their pushing the 11th floor button did work, our elevator somehow arrived at the 11th floor and opened. The numbers never changed, the lights never came on and we had no idea if we were moving until all of a sudden the doors open and we are there with them on floor 11!
My daughter is shaking and cold as we leave the elevator. I am so emotionally and physically drained all I can do is hug my daughter tell her how sorry I am. I am so utterly full of rage inside at the hotel and the front desk for doing this to us I can’t speak,
so I ask Jason to call the front and tell them what just happened- I literally can’t believe it, I can’t find the words to express how angry I am in that moment. I would have assumed they heard our screaming...I have no idea how they couldn’t have heard them. Jason calls to tell her it has happened again and that we are out now because he pushed the 11th floor buttons that somehow worked to get us up there. It makes no sense why the elevator would do this and it makes even less sense why they wouldn’t know about this malfunction and have it fixed immediately, that is what really upsets me. How can a hotel not know how to properly diagnose a malfunctioning elevator the first time something like this happens? How is that an acceptable way to operate a business whos sole purpose is to provide comfort and hospitality for those on vacation?
We go over to the pool and try to make the best use what time we have left in the water with just us 4 as a family in the pool. The one thing she really wanted to do for her bday weekend. She is despondent now. She takes awhile to even want to get in the pool and has lost the desire to play for the most part, the excitement factor is now long gone. We left via the stairs of course so my final stairs count was 47 flights in 2 hrs.
My daughter told me she will never ride an elevator again and I told her I feel the same. The thought of getting into an elevator now creates a feeling of helpless anger in me that I will need to work through to get past over time. She told me later that evening when we got home she thought she had gone blind when the lights went out. She said she thought her eyes were gone and that she would ever see anything or anyone ever again. She was sick and anxious all evening and into the night when back at home. She said Portland is a bad place. This is now entrained in her memory because of a careless hotel who did not place value in her safety on the most basic level and that is a horrendously cruel way to operate a hospitality business. I shutter to think of what else may go on there if they are willing to put their guests in danger as they did to us by being unable to properly diagnose an elevator malfunction in order to ensure it didn’t happen a second third or fourth time.
The hotel never reached out to us while we finished out our time in the pool before we left, even though they knew that’s where we were and what had happened to us. Not a word. Did not offer us anything whatsoever-no apology or compensation whatsoever. I have only received a generic email thanking us for being guests as I assume they send automatically which is disgusting slap in the face. It is now May 18 and there still has been no word. I have given them time to make it right on their own. But apparently that is not going to happen, and that is unacceptable.
I popped a blood vessel in my right eye yesterday afternoon while working on this email, I have never had a blood vessel burst in my eye before. Sitting down and reliving the experience word by word has been damaging to my anxiety and stress level. I have been caught up in the need to write this experience down so that I can sort out my feelings in print. This is helping me feel more situated and calm with how I will proceed from here regarding this matter. I will be seeing a doctor about my eye, it is a large burst that is unpleasant to look at which is embarrassing and also scary for me to see on myself as a result of my stress. I work in a school office setting where I interact with people all day, so now I have to live with people seeing my bloody eye when I interact with them and it is a constant painful reminder of what I went through with my daughter.  I wasn’t able to get anything done yesterday at home which was my day off, because I have been so upset that I can’t sleep and I can’t stop thinking about my daughter and how scared we were and how angry I am for letting that front desk person lie to us and tell us to get on an elevator that was malfunctioning which is a huge risk that she knowingly placed us in which is terrifying. While also coping with the fact that Ruby may now have a full on phobia of elevators that could never go away for her which makes me so angry.  I have stayed home from work today due to my eye bothering me and needing to rest it
and I also have extremely sore calves and feet from all of the flights of stairs I had to take.
I have not sat and worked on this email for most of the last two days because this is fun for me or because I in any way want to be doing this. I have sat here and diligently retold the whole story of what happened to us at the Duniway Hilton Hotel in Portland Oregon on May 16 2021 because it is not acceptable to treat your hotel guests this way, to behave as if their personal safety isn’t of value and then ignore them as if it didn’t happen and it didn’t matter. It is beyond unacceptable and I want it on record because if proper responsibility is not shown to us by your hotel then I intend to make our experience known to others who may be future unsuspecting victims of yours. So that they can think twice before they ever consider choosing your hotel for themselves, their family or any friend based off of the fact that you are negligent and do not take responsibility for that.  I will spend the amount of time that is necessary to ensure our true story goes as far as it possibly can to spread awareness to the hotel guest market and also to any legal professional who may find our experience as justifiably negligent as we do in order to come to a sense of closure here.
What happened to us deserves attention, concern and retribution. We would have thought this would have already come from the hotel itself but it has not. We will get what we deserve in one form or another, and I am dedicated to that statement with the conviction of a mother who witnessed her daughters terror in a way that changed me inside, in a way that no parent deserves to have to go through. That will never leave me, and that is your burden to bear as a hotel because that was your doing and untimely your responsibility to correct.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jessicawO1233MQ
Reviewed 23 May 2021

friendly, courteous, clean, nice rooms, what more can you ask for. Was there for bussiness. my room was a blessing to come back to after a long day I the city. quiet, clean, nice view. very friendly staff.

• Trip type: Travelled on business