“Friendly relaxed quality”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SW 16th Ave
Transit: We are located right off the MAX transit line, just a couple blocks from Jeld-Wen Stadium.
Description: Owner and head chef, Marco Roberti, has recently returned to Portland, Oregon after graduating from culinary school in Florence, Italy to open his dream-come-true restaurant named for his grandmother. The food is fantastic, the prices are very reasonable, and the atmosphere is authentically quaint...complete with a little Italian man serenading on his violin from the corner of the small dining room! Check it out for either lunch or dinner...it's sure to be well worth it!
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went here last night. Food was great and service was top notch. I recommend the blood orange Cosmo! And the meatballs. During a conversation with our server, we mentioned we were on our honeymoon and she returned with 2 complimentary glasses of champagne. Totally unexpected and appreciated. No big fuss made. Just a simple cute gesture.

1  Thank Catherine B

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

The risotto was amazing. Probably the best I've ever had. Service was friendly and quick. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Good food, decent prices, good staff, popular with families and couples, reservations would be a good idea to avoid waiting on weekends,

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Delicious dinner in a cozy environment. Restaurant feels very cozy and the cooking feels like an Italian grandmother prepared it. I would definitely go back there again!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Very average Italian food. Given the food options in Portland, I wouldn’t recommend. My meatballs were good, but the grilled eggplant was so-so and neither dish was very hot. My husband had a pasta dish that was okay but again not very hot. Service was efficient but not particularly welcoming or friendly. Overall it was disappointing